Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

British Police

Options
  • 25-01-2013 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

Looking into the British Metropolitan police.

I see on the website you must be a resident for a minimum of 3 years. So Im guessing its a move and spend 3 years working before I can apply???

Does anyone here have experience in this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭DustyMan

I don't think that's a hard and fast rule. Usually judged on a case-by-case basis. More of a chance of getting the green light if you lived in Ireland for 3 years. It has a lot to do with the MET having easy access to a check-able background. AGS and the Met have close ties. As far as I know the only way to full time MET at present is to become a special constable first.. and in that case you must be living and working there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

Looking into the British Metropolitan police.

I see on the website you must be a resident for a minimum of 3 years. So Im guessing its a move and spend 3 years working before I can apply???

Does anyone here have experience in this?
    The scottish police take people on directly from ireland and most forces will waive the 3 year rule(well the grampian police did for me anyways)

Advertisement