Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair prices Dublin - Reus. Major fluctuations

Options
  • 25-01-2013 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    I booked a holiday in Salou in June and hoped to fly Dublin - Reus. Unfortunately I didn't book my flights when I first looked and now they're over €100 per person dearer (family of four).
    Can anyone with experience make a prediction - are they likely to rise further? Are there common fluctuation trends that these types of flights tend to go through?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

The simple answer is that no one, apart from a few folks at Ryanair, knows.

However bear in mind that you're travelling at a popular time of year, on a route with limited capacity and high demand (due to the holiday destinations there). It's probably not going to get massively cheaper (as there is no incentive for Ryanair to sell the seats cheaply, if they can get people to pay a high price for them).

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

They are supposed to follow the demand/supply rule: there are only ~189 seats per flight. The more the seats sell the higher the demand so people should be willing to pay more for the seat. Price goes up. Closer to the departure date if there are still vacant seats prices will fall to try and fill those seats (empty planes cost a LOT of money even just sitting on the ground). You have no way of knowing how many of the seats are booked unless you have acess to the airlines operations systems.

I have heard that deleting your computers cookies can have an effect on the price of flights but not only do I have no idea how true it is I don't even know what other things it would affect.

Advertisement