Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Line Checker - Has it been tweaked?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Have 1mb eircom BB and they recommend e-mobile even using the business BB checker :(

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭JasonRyan

Likewise, have 7.6 off them, max line speed from the ADSL1 exchange, yet it only shows e-mobile as an option.....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

You could always go fixed wireless and ditch the landline. Especially if your in a rural area. Eircom are more interested in the fibre rollout rather then crap lines..

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Have 3mb BB and they recommend e-mobile using the business BB checker.
    Dream on.
    Its no wonder Eircom are in trouble.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Tommy Lagahan

Huh, just ran a line test on the line at my college apartment which gets consistent 7mb download (with eircom 8mb NGB package), it recommends eMobile. Fail.
    This is in Letterkenny, with unactivated fibre cabs everywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Its like being in the stone age.
    What a shower :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Has it not always been the case that if you already have bb on the line that this affects the line checker results?

I have Smart BB and the Eircom line checker tells me the line is not suitable for bb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

all i get is

Broadband

Exception e=java.lang.NullPointerException

*All prices exclusive of VAT.
    **Coverage is 57% of our network.
    ***The promotion is only applicable to new customers. Upgrading customers are not eligible for this promotion

• Registered Users Posts: 28 leigh852

Condi is right, line checker always used to say mine was capable of 24Mb but now says only 8Mb max. They definitely have been up to something with it.

• Advertisement

According to the checker it says i am able to get upto 24MB and yet the most I can get is 3MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

According to the checker it says i am able to get upto 24MB and yet the most I can get is 3MB.

Its most likely tweaked for the new fibre rollout then?

I live in a rural area due to go live soon for fibre. I see them in the road nearly everyday,must check the new checker to see if I'm capable of more...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭yuloni

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement