Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does category B automatically cover cat W?

• 25-01-2013 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

Is category W included under B? I ask as the RSA did not give me W on my new photocard licence.

All I has is classes B and AM. Test passed in 1997.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

It is covered, but if it wasn't on your old licence, that might the reason.

If it was on old one, then I would give them a ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭ThreeLineWhip

W was there until 2007 and then disappeared as it was subsumed into B along with M according to the white piece of paper.

It is no big deal as I very unlikely ever to need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

W was there until 2007 and then disappeared as it was subsumed into B along with M according to the white piece of paper.

It is no big deal as I very unlikely ever to need it.

What white piece of paper? I passed my test in 2008 and have W on my licence?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

M is not given with a B license by default, and hasn't been for some time. It is a completely separate theory test, and driving test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

M is not given with a B license by default, and hasn't been for some time. It is a completely separate theory test, and driving test.

But the op is talking about W vehicles :confused: :pac:

• Advertisement

I think it is down to some grandfathering clauses.

The pink licence I was issued in 2007 had no place for W on it. The white insert stated that W was included in B.

M was issued to B holders until 2001 afaik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I think it is down to some grandfathering clauses.

The pink licence I was issued in 2007 had no place for W on it. The white insert stated that W was included in B.

M was issued to B holders until 2001 afaik.

Oct 2006 was when M was removed from B.

Anyone before then would continue to hold it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,061 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Anyone before then would continue to hold it?

Yes, but check with the RSA to be sure as I think I read something about loosing entitlements if they aren't on your licence for a certain amount of time.

Advertisement