Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dangerous road. IMO

Options
  • 25-01-2013 7:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I don't know if much of ye travel on this road. But just here I always thought it was fairly dangerous (I cross the road, to take me out to the sligo/Ballygawley road) As you have no view of whats coming from your left, Right side isn't as bad..

I love to here opinions on this. Link, just here at the stop sign.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Yes, it is dangerous, but I'd say there are dangerous junctions like that all over Co. Sligo. There is a particular junction near me where, if I'm turning right, I have to pull almost halfway across the road before I can see if anything is coming from my left. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

genie wrote: »
    Yes, it is dangerous, but I'd say there are dangerous junctions like that all over Co. Sligo. There is a particular junction near me where, if I'm turning right, I have to pull almost halfway across the road before I can see if anything is coming from my left. :rolleyes:

How come nothing has happened with that yet though? Are they going to sort out out when a road death occurs?? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭genie

Sligo Co. Co. just hasn't a clue.

I don't know if you know the Riverstown area but coming out from Riverstown and passing Coola school and reaching the R284, the Co. Co. has taken the hedges away from each side of the opposite junction and replaced them with wooden fences, when, in fact, it is far more dangerous IMO to pull out onto the road from the Riverstown/Coola side, especially if you are turning right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

genie wrote: »
    Sligo Co. Co. just hasn't a clue.

I don't know if you know the Riverstown area but coming out from Riverstown and passing Coola school and reaching the R284, the Co. Co. has taken the hedges away from each side of the opposite junction and replaced them with wooden fences, when, in fact, it is far more dangerous IMO to pull out onto the road from the Riverstown/Coola side, especially if you are turning right.

I know them well, I went to Coola, I live 10 min form riverstown. Nice Chinese there in Riverstown lol :) I know that spot alright. I pass by there when I'm going to sligo, I accualy noticed it there not so long ago. Can't understand the councils logic at all.. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭FoxyVixen

Same council will spend the money on ridiculous "improvements" on the road system then in town which isn't even needed!!

That new ring road by the hospital was a waste of money IMO when the money could have been spent on junctions like that one at Riverstown.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 scotzgeeza

Hi all, I don't know if much of ye travel on this road. But just here I always thought it was fairly dangerous (I cross the road, to take me out to the sligo/Ballygawley road) As you have no view of whats coming from your left, Right side isn't as bad..

I love to here opinions on this. Link, just here at the stop sign.

Cant say i have noticed it. I drive that way in to Sligo from Dromahair everyday,only thing i have noticed is how bad most Irish drivers are. I am more afraid of idiots who cant use a roundabout or take corners on the opposite of the road than poor visibility as a junction.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

It's not the road that's dangerous.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement