Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP modding tips?

Options
  • 25-01-2013 1:11am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭

I recently got a PSP 1000 but I've been hitting a block when it comes to modding it. I don't know a lot about modding a PSP and from searching on the internet, there doesn't seem to be one single exact method of modding your PSP, it depends on a lot of variables.

I bought mine second-hand and it turns out it might possibly have custom firmware installed (3.52 M33-4?) but where I go from here I don't know. Up until now, I was trying to install 5.03 of Sony's official firmware with 0 results and I think this is because there is already a cfw onboard.

I'd just like to be able to play Ninja Gaiden or something on it, but I don't know where to begin. It's all very confusing. Does anyone have any tips they could impart or words of wisdom?

Thanks!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

It turns out the PSP I have was already running cfw - madness. Slightly embarrassed now. I've put PicoDrive and Snes9x Euphoria onto the machine so far, so that's good. Just tinkering around with different settings now. I've heard someone put a version of Windows XP on a PSP once, that's pretty mad.

Advertisement