Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Capacitor for well

Options
  • 24-01-2013 9:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭

I'm in need of a 25 uF +/-10%, 900Vdc -25/88 Celcius SH capacitor for my well.
    It looks like this:

237864.jpg

As you can see it's split, so faultfinding was pretty easy.
    Does anyone know where I can find one of those in the Ennis/Shannon region?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

I think there is an E.R.S Ltd. (Electrical Rewind Service) in Shannon or any pump supplier.

But I see the original problem your using and Eartern Capacitor while your in the West Just can't work.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

Try FHB in Shannon if they don't have it they will know where to get it
    English's Electrical Rewinds Drumbiggle Ennis is another possibility or ERS in Limerick

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Actually got a capacitor from a chap called Sean Minouge, he usually looks after our well.
    Since there was no need for him to call out, he just told me to call in and he would give me a new capacitor. (At a reasonable cost, of course)
    He also advised to take off the pressure switch and clean it out, since gunk and grit can block the aperture and cause your water to either cut out or not work at all.
    Will fit this evening and undertake the necessary cleanout operation and report back.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Right, fitted the capacitor (2 second job) and also undid the pressure switch that operates the pump. The pipe going into it was jammed solid with crud, which would explain why my pump sometimes didn't work (no water for 10 seconds) and sometimes water pressure was sky-high.
    I will eventually have to invest in a water filter, because the washing machine also gives up the ghost every now and then and the filter on the water inlet has to be cleaned.
    Anyways, have water again and the total outlay was E25 and some elbowgrease.

wellwellwell-1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Kilnababe

If it has to do with a well - Sean Minogue is king!

• Advertisement
Advertisement