Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second hand iPhone. Help needed.

Options
  • 24-01-2013 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

My friend has recently bought a new iPhone 5 and she has given me her iPhone 3gS, but one slight problem; Once the Sim Card was inserted, I typed in my code to unlock my Sim and now it keeps telling me it's out of service, network unavailable etc on the top left where there should be full bars. Her phone is a meteor phone and I am with a meteor network and I am not a technology wiz so be kind.

Does anyone know why this is happening? The lady in the Meteor shop was quiet rude so I have no idea what she was trying to tell me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Possibly your sim card is too old - when did you last get a new sim card?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Shauna1992

I have had the same number since I was 16, I am 21 one now. Is it possible that a Sim can be to old?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Yeah, it may be that the sim is an older generation, best bet would be to ask for a replacement sim in a Meteor store - i think they are free.

You will keep you old number, Meteor will just transfer it to an updated sim.

Thanks a million :) Quick question, if all else fails, what else could I do? Another friend told me that my friend who sold me the iPhone has to go onto her iTunes and accept some code? Is this right?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,487 ✭✭✭✭guil

No as long a it's the same network just pop in your new sim and you're good to go

• Advertisement

Brilliant! Thanks a million guys!! :):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I'm pretty sure Meteor never sold the 3GS (I could be wrong) They started with the iPhone 4 from my recollection.

Are you sure she bought the phone from Meteor? If not it could be unlocked / jailbroken which would be bad news as i see in another thread your trying to upgrade to iOS 5.

Check with your friend that its a Meteor iPhone (i.e. Bought from Meteor) or is it an iPhone that was unlocked (And if so, by whom)

Its grand i have it all sorted now. I just need to to change Sim Cards and update the phone :) Thanking you all :)

Advertisement