Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Radio News website

Options
  • 24-01-2013 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

www.radiotoday.ie with a launch this Monday.
    With the closure of www.radiowaves.fm, where do you all currently get your radio news from?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Interesting, thanks for the link.

Nearly fell around the place laughing when I read this from the news section.

"RTE Radio 1′s Morning Ireland show will start running sponsored time checks leading up to the top of hour from next month."

That's going to be fun, a day hardly passes without one of them getting the time wrong :D

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭gavindowd

Looks brilliant...

I love UK radio and get my news from RadioToday UK, and I'm so glad that they've come to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Roy from RadioToday got in touch with me recently as the site is similar to a site I run, www.radionation.ie and he was planning to launch an Irish version of RadioToday. Delighted to see it up and running now & I'm sure the two will compliment each other nicely (although there's bound to be a little bit of cross-over/repetition!).
    europa11 wrote: »
    Nearly fell around the place laughing when I read this from the news section.

"RTE Radio 1′s Morning Ireland show will start running sponsored time checks leading up to the top of hour from next month."

That's going to be fun, a day hardly passes without one of them getting the time wrong :D

Those timechecks will be pre-recorded promos, part of the ad breaks, not spoken live by the presenter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Bard wrote: »

Those timechecks will be pre-recorded promos, part of the ad breaks, not spoken live by the presenter.

That would make sense....just hope they remember to play them at the correct time ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

europa11 wrote: »
    That would make sense....just hope they remember to play them at the correct time ;)

Well there's no real 'remembering' required as they'll be scheduled in their playout system and the timecheck won't give an exact time anyway. As the article says, it'll say "It's almost X O'Clock on RTÉ Radio 1, time to [insert sponsor message here]".

• Advertisement

Theres no forum for posters on that site?

Advertisement