Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

QCA

Options
  • 24-01-2013 2:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Just got my results, is it possible to bring your QCA up from 2.7 to 3.0 in one semester? What grades would you need

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

It is possible,
    Need some A1's, A2's and B1's to get it comfortably,
    Very possible if you put some work in

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

ya but how many of each exactly, never was an A student so just trying to figure out whether its even possibe

Not an A student myself but managed to get one this semester...
    Think A1 in my course/module was 75 or above which makes A's a lot more obtainable..
    A1 being 4.0, A2 3.6 I think,
    Get 1 or 2 A's of either kind and the rest B's and you should have it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Very doable. I'm a bit of a special case. I basically did 2nd year CompSys back in 2005/6, finished it with a QCA of 2.4 or so, and did co-op. I then dropped out in 3rd year before I came back last semester. I finished with 2 A1s, an A2 and 2 B1s this semester gone, and that rocketed my QCA up to 3.2, so it's very, very possible to go up if you do well. The fact that I'm less immature (not necessarily the same as more mature!) helped considerably.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭tazbars

Thanks a mill! my FYP will be taken into consideration too so fingers crossed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭Chimaera

Even more important is avoiding low C grades. Try and aim for C1-B3 in everything as a starting point.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭louloubella

Don't mean to ambush your post but I have a similar question!! I am on a 3.05 and am wondering what Id need to get a 1.1 in 1 semester...in fact its in 1 placement - is it possible?!!!:) Never got a 1.1 before! Would an A2 do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭iMac_Hunt

Don't mean to ambush your post but I have a similar question!! I am on a 3.05 and am wondering what Id need to get a 1.1 in 1 semester...in fact its in 1 placement - is it possible?!!!:) Never got a 1.1 before! Would an A2 do it?
    Don't quote me on this but from the info you provided, if you added an A2 to your current QCA of 3.05, your final QCA will be 3.32, just short of a 1.1. If you're in your final year, you will fall into the discretionary band for a 1.1 and therefore will probably get your QCA bumped up to 3.4 to get a 1.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭itgirl268

Im currently at a 2.6 QCA (2.2) looking to boost my QCA up to atleast a 3.0 to get a 2.1.... Is it possible or am i just dreaming??? In my final year :)

Its extremely possible :D
    Doing something similar myself!
    Have to remember your grades this year are worth double towards QCA. Few high Bs and As and youre sorted :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement