Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Fusion '06 radio fascia

Options
  • 24-01-2013 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hey everyone,
    I'm looking to upgrade the stock radio on my '06 Ford Fusion. It is a double din radio similar if not identical to those found on Focus' of around that time. I am having trouble identifying the right fascia adapter needed so I can install a single din radio.

Halfords told me they could get me a fusion-specific fascia, but it would cost at least €30.

This isn't ideal when you consider fascias for Focus' can be found for about €5 online.

Does anyone know if a Focus fascia will fit a Fusion? Or have any other fascia-related expertise? :)

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,394 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Just for anyone who might remember the older fusion radio which was a 3 piece job like on the fiesta. The later ones like the OP has is different.

From eBay

Fascia Panel Adaptor suitable for following Ford Car Models:

Ford Fiesta : 2007 Onwadrs
    Ford Mondeo : 2007 Onwards
    Ford Fusion : 2007 Onwards
    Ford Galaxy : 2007 Onwards
    Ford Focus C-Max : 2007 Onwards
    Ford Transit : 2007 Onwards
    Ford S-Max : 2007 Onwards

Another seller says focus up to 2010 is the same

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

• Registered Users Posts: 73,394 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Think it would be like this,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-Fusion-Kuga-S-Max-Cd-Radio-Fitting-Kit-Fascia-Facia-Panel-FP-07-10-/250993075196?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3a705a63fc

OP there will be a model like 6000 on your stereo. This will ensure you get a kit to fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 LazyBaker

Guys, I can't thank you enough :) your info was accurate and speedy.

As my gran would say; I will light a candle for ye ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

LazyBaker wrote: »
    Guys, I can't thank you enough :) your info was accurate and speedy.

As my gran would say; I will light a candle for ye ;)

Which one was it? I just did a quick google, after suffering the pain of shelling out 29e in Halfrauds for one a few weeks ago, I'll know better in future.

Glad you found what you needed :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 LazyBaker

Stheno wrote: »
    Which one was it? I just did a quick google, after suffering the pain of shelling out 29e in Halfrauds for one a few weeks ago, I'll know better in future.

Glad you found what you needed :)

They are all correct I think, but I think I will go for this one, as the stereo in the link is the same one as the one in my car :)
    colm_mcm wrote: »
    Think it would be like this,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-Fusion-Kuga-S-Max-Cd-Radio-Fitting-Kit-Fascia-Facia-Panel-FP-07-10-/250993075196?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3a705a63fc

OP there will be a model like 6000 on your stereo. This will ensure you get a kit to fit.

Advertisement