Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

So annoyed....Test was a disaster... Disheartened....

Options
  • 23-01-2013 11:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 42

VERY ANNOYED!
    I feel terrible atm!
    Went for a test last friday as 3:45! And it was shocking!
    My driving instructor has been giving lessons for years! and after completing my 12 EDT Lessons! he said i was more then ready!. We done many practise tests! and everytime, same result! only thing I could be faulted on is my position on the road! which he said I should try to get more left on the road. Fair enoigh! Still felt ready! It was a small fault! and couldent possible let me fail! How wrong i was!

Once i got to the center! I quickly realised that I was one of the last If not THE LAST to be tested for the day! So he seemed not at all relaxed in the car!. What really annoyed me was how every turn, weather left or right, he was staring out the left window which I made all the mirror checks before switching on the indicatior..... I even checked twice hoping he woulod look!..... I ENDED UP WITH 2 BLUE FOR NO MIRRORS TURNING LEFT! 2 BLUE FOR NO MIRRORS TURNING RIGHT???......Road position was correct though! getting 3 Blue for this!..... When we were returning back to the test center! he seen this secondary school girl walking and would not stop looking back at her! I thought I was doing something wrong?....

Atm! im so disheartened! and feel that driving has become a necessity and not enjoyable! as i feel from this fail, im a bad driver....
    Its so annoying..... When I called my instructor with the result....I heard him curse for the first time and many times.... he said the tester was a "C**T"....

I feel like i can not drive better then how i drove in that test...so im really disheartened..... :( What do you think people? Really need some advice....

Thanks!
    Dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

I passed my test few weeks ago, but before it I got two pre-tests (mock tests)
    I did same mistakes as you did but in your real test.
    My instructor told me: You have to be to the left side of the road unless there is a hazard/obstruction in your front (which is a lot of them in Finglas test center), so he said you have to move closer to center line in advance. Also I personally was taught that you do: mirror, signal, mirror and maneuver <- so if this tester was really cocky and looking at everything, that could be the thing.

Also I was told that even if you see kid walking on footpath or along road, no matter what you need to show some kind of reaction (check your mirrors, slow down a bit, be ready to stop if anything happens and to know your surroundings) so again if you didn't even slow down a tiny bit that could be it.

Good luck ,you should keep trying, you paid for most of the things by now (lessons, theory test), no point abandoning it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭endacl

If I were you Amsirp, I'd sit back, put me feet up, and enjoy a long cool glass of feckit.

Its a setback, and a pain in the hoop, but you can still drive tomorrow. Think ahead to when you renew your license for the first time in 2113. You'll think back to that test and think 'well, I really should have been renewing this a couple of months ago....', and then you might have a little smile to yourself.

The odd failure here and there is good for the ego. Keeps us grounded!

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭ADIDriving

According to your post you passed. I only counted 7 marks. Did you get more blues or pinks? The examiner would be (pretending to be) looking out the window to try take away the pressure, that they could see you were under. They will only mark mistakes that they see you make. 4 for mirrors sounds like you have a problem with mirrors. Work on that, get your application back in. You'll do better next time. PS: Your instructor is wrong to be cursing the examiner.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

I think if you concentrated on the road more than the instructor you would of passed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

I think if you concentrated on the road more than the instructor you would of passed

That's great words of encouragement Tiger!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Shankly88

Hard luck, next time don't worry About where the instructer is looking, simply keep concentrated on your own driving And you will pass!! Try not to let the tester sense your nervousness either. If u no you made a mistake forget about it on the spot. Best of luck next time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭CelticRambler

When I was training for some extra categories on my license, I was regularly reminded by my tutor that's it's not enough to check the mirrors, but to be seen to be checking them. As an experienced driver, I was flicking my eyes left and right and seeing the mirrors, but not moving my head so much. Maybe you were so focused on looking out the front that you weren't swivelling your head enough to satisfy the tester.

Of course he might have had a long, rough day and not been concentrating too. But you're nearly there, so chill out a for a bit, then give it another go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

My first instructor said id sail through the test no problem..... ended up with 30 something x's, needless to say he was dropped pretty quickly. Tried another instructor he got it down to 6/7 x's and i would have passed 2nd time round if id checked my blindspots.

So i decided id wait for a while to try again and chanced driving to work, unaccompanied (and breaking the law, i know im very bold) at half five in the morning, and drive around the industrial estate for an hour every single day for 6 months. Easier at that time of the morning as i could drive comfortably without holding anybody up or getting nervous.

Decided id take a chance and just apply for the test without doing anymore lessons just to see what id need to improve if i failed the test and guess what.... just the one green mark and one blue... and it was the same tester that gave me the 30 odd x's.

so keep the faith op you'll get there, apply again immediately and dont check the mirrors too much they can mark you down for that too....

If, after reading all this it hasnt put you to sleep, log on and rebook now

Advertisement