Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Broadlink Installation

Options
  • 23-01-2013 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭

Hi Does anyone have an Installation Manual for Eircom Broadlink. I have one I got out of some office a few years back and a friend of mine is actually looking to set it up in his office. How to wire it to phone line etc.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

Only getting back to do this now. That manual is just a user manual it wont tell me how to wire my phone line to it. I have attached some pics

IMG_1976.jpg

That connection to the right hand side with arrow what is that for as it has same connections as the main unit. e.g L1 L2 L3 L4 and EXT 1 EXT2 etc etc.

IMG_1975.jpg

Here I have 2 wires from my main line into L1 and phone going to EXT1. Should I be using 4 wires cause on the main unit it has ABCD for L1. I am just using A and B. I am not getting power to the phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

The outside line is 2 wire
    the inside extension is probably 4 wire and probably using the orange pair as well.
    Open the socket at the phone end to see.

Also you should get a krone tool or similar and punch down the wires without taking off any insulation onto those insulation displacement connectors (the white blocks)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭jayo2004

Thanks I got it all sorted. Do you know of any cordless phones that will work with the eircom broadlink. I tried 2 but they wouldn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

If an analogue (plain ordinary house telephone) will work with your system then a cordless will work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 fringer

hello all,
    Can't download that manual and having serious problems with the answering machine across a network of phones. Any suggestions?
    Have contacted Eircom and waiting on an email back. Checked lots of websites but no joy yet.
    Any help would be great!
    Thanks!

Advertisement