Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Friend got double grant. Why?

Options
  • 23-01-2013 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, so me and my friend are on same course in college, I got 406 euros payment every 3 months. And my friend who lives 5 minutes from college got 792 Euros. Any idea why? He doesn't have any disability needs, conditions, he lives near college what could affect it?

He got statement it says it's two payments, one 405 euros and other 387 euros. One says Line 1 and other Line 2 (no idea what that means). So why is he getting that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It's based on income so his or his parents income is lower than yours

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭yer man!

Could he maybe have gotten the first 2 out of the 3 payments in the one go? with the final (third) instalment to come around easter time. Happened to me before if there's a delay in paperwork.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭arleitiss

yer man! wrote: »
    Could he maybe have gotten the first 2 out of the 3 payments in the one go? with the final (third) instalment to come around easter time. Happened to me before if there's a delay in paperwork.
    His first payment in october was 791 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭yer man!

He may have qualified for the top up grant then, it's if your parents earn a pretty low amount or are on a certain amount of social welfare.

Advertisement