Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Issue with logging into the Student Administration Portal...

Options
  • 23-01-2013 12:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭

Hello there!

So yeah I'm trying to log into the portal (http://www.si.ul.ie/urd/sits.urd/run/siw_lgn) but for some reason it always comes up as invalid password etc. Why is that? I can log into my email and moodle grand but I can't seem to log into the portal. Is there some extra criteria needed in order to log on in what? :rolleyes:

Help would be greatly appreciated :pac:

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭bd2012

TheComeUp wrote: »
    Hello there!

So yeah I'm trying to log into the portal (http://www.si.ul.ie/urd/sits.urd/run/siw_lgn) but for some reason it always comes up as invalid password etc. Why is that? I can log into my email and moodle grand but I can't seem to log into the portal. Is there some extra criteria needed in order to log on in what? :rolleyes:

Help would be greatly appreciated :pac:

Cheers!
    It's a different password to what you use for email/LAN. I know mine is anyway. Think back to when you were registering your modules on it and what password you used then.
    Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

bd2012 wrote: »
    It's a different password to what you use for email/LAN. I know mine is anyway. Think back to when you were registering your modules on it and what password you used then.
    Hope that helps.

Oh okay. Yeah *I think* I remember that pw but naa it's not working either :rolleyes: I'll keep trying though!

Thanks for the help.

What did you put in for username? Just your ID number?

TheComeUp wrote: »

Oh okay. Yeah *I think* I remember that pw but naa it's not working either :rolleyes: I'll keep trying though!

Thanks for the help.

What did you put in for username? Just your ID number?
    Yes ur Id number for username. Then password which takes you to a screen where u input date of birth and there you go. I'm sure there's a help desk that can reset your password if you cannot remember it. Have a look at misu's Facebook page. I think the details are there somewhere. All the best.

ithelpdesk@mic.ul.ie

That's the email if u need to reset.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Thanks a milli will do :)

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 195 Verified rep MISU Office

Hi All

For anyone that needs to, you can reset your PIN number for the portal by emailing your name and student number to pinreset@mic.ul.ie. You will also need this for subject registration during week 1. This year the college have tried to combat the lost/forgotten PIN issue by sending out 3500 texts over Xmas holidays reminding students that they will need their PIN number to access exam results etc. (for anyone who did not receive this message please update your contact details with Student Services when you come back) We will also be re-posting all the instructions to our website and Facebook during the next week.

On a side note you may not be able to get onto the portal as it is usually down for some time before the exam results come out due to it being updated.

Hope this helps

MISU Team

Advertisement