Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big 4 Still Interviewing?

Options
  • 23-01-2013 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi there, I just have a question regarding the Big 4 recruitment process. I have heard that some of the smaller Big 4 firms (outside Dublin) interviewed to fill places from the original Milkround again around this time last year. Does anyone who has interview this year or anyone working in the Big 4 firms (especially Dublin) know anything about this?

Comments

It has happened in the past that some of the big 4 firms have done a second round of recruiting for a quick start if they hadn't hired enough first time round or they had more dropouts than usual or if they had taken on extra work or whatever.

Keep an eye on the graduate pages http://www.pwc.ie/careers/graduate/index.jhtml
    http://mycareer.deloitte.com/ie/en/students/graduate-recruitment

Firms outside of the big 4 traditionally recruit this time of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭scheister

rowmow wrote: »
    Hi there, I just have a question regarding the Big 4 recruitment process. I have heard that some of the smaller Big 4 firms (outside Dublin) interviewed to fill places from the original Milkround again around this time last year. Does anyone who has interview this year or anyone working in the Big 4 firms (especially Dublin) know anything about this?

KPMG are back opening looking for people for Tax in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

scheister wrote: »

KPMG are back opening looking for people for Tax in Dublin
    What's my chances with an IT degree and no accountancy experience :) ..... At the moment,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭scheister

What's my chances with an IT degree and no accountancy experience :) ..... At the moment,

depends on the grades on the degree if you have a 1:1 or 2:1 you will prob have a good shot

• Registered Users Posts: 9 zexual

scheister wrote: »
    depends on the grades on the degree if you have a 1:1 or 2:1 you will prob have a good shot

Hi I may have an interview coming up, I currently hold a 1:1 degree in engineering however my degree is from a uni in Australia (came over here a while back) I don't have the degree on me as it was lost in the move)

What kind of vetting do I go through? In order to get the degree from my uni i've been told it could take up to 6 weeks, will they ask my for my degree there and then? will they ring my uni / high school confirming marks, if they do the latter it's fine as they can confirm however asking for it there and then I won't have it.

I'm just wondering how anal they are about these things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭LashingLady

zexual wrote: »

Hi I may have an interview coming up, I currently hold a 1:1 degree in engineering however my degree is from a uni in Australia (came over here a while back) I don't have the degree on me as it was lost in the move)

What kind of vetting do I go through? In order to get the degree from my uni i've been told it could take up to 6 weeks, will they ask my for my degree there and then? will they ring my uni / high school confirming marks, if they do the latter it's fine as they can confirm however asking for it there and then I won't have it.

I'm just wondering how anal they are about these things.

They'll take you and your cv at face value and make an offer based on that. You'll have to provide your transcripts and manuscript after that but I don't think it would mean you wouldn't get the job if you were a bit late. Order your documentation now. You can explain to HR if they offer you a job after interview. You wouldn't need to explain any of that to the interviewer though.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 zexual

They'll take you and your cv at face value and make an offer based on that. You'll have to provide your transcripts and manuscript after that but I don't think it would mean you wouldn't get the job if you were a bit late. Order your documentation now. You can explain to HR if they offer you a job after interview. You wouldn't need to explain any of that to the interviewer though.

Best of luck!

In terms of my leaving cert equiv from Australia, is this something I will have to provide or just my degree, god knows how I even go about getting those results over to me :( stressed about this now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Ins similar position to the above any help appreciated on transcripts needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rowmow

Zexual, can I ask where you are interviewing?

They will interview you and make an offer based on that, they ask for your transcript before you start next October.

Best of luck.

Advertisement