Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crossfit Galway & Connacht rugby conditing classes/bootcamp

Options
  • 23-01-2013 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi folks, I've been searching around to see if there are any Crossfit Groups/Gyms in Galway and I cant find anything bar a few folks asking the same question as me.

I came across Crossfit in London a few months back and I've seen just how motivational these groups can be. Some of the results have been pretty impressive so I'm pretty keen to get involved.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any info on this? Has anyone started anything up in the past months?

I've been looking at doing the Connacht rugby conditing classes/bootcamp in the meantime. Anyone done this? Was it any use?

http://www.connachtrugby.ie/2012092183006/train-like-a-pro-with-a-pro

Connacht Rugby is delighted to announce the re-launch of its fitness classes for 2013. The bootcamp and conditioning classes will be run by Connacht Rugby players Johnny O’Connor and T.J Anderson starting from the 7th January 2013.

Cheers, B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭connollys

You might want to check out Western Fitness, Ive never been myself but they offer Crossfit style classes I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Sent you a PM regarding conditioning/bootcamp classes OP

• Registered Users Posts: 39 whoops_jimmy

Currently doing the connacht bootcamp and its very good. Every session is different but involves any combination of circuits/boxing/intervals/sprints/HIIT. Highly recommend it

• Registered Users Posts: 9 bfitzsimons

connollys wrote: »
    You might want to check out Western Fitness, Ive never been myself but they offer Crossfit style classes I believe.

Cheers for that, I just dropped them a line on WesternFitness.ie. Price doesn't look bad either.

Currently doing the connacht bootcamp and its very good. Every session is different but involves any combination of circuits/boxing/intervals/sprints/HIIT. Highly recommend it

Yeah it looks like a solid programme alright from the website but I didnt see any testimonials on line so it was hard to know. I think they are fully booked up at the moment but I've dropped them a line on the website to see when the next available dates are. Thanks for the info.

• Advertisement

d-gal wrote: »
    Sent you a PM regarding conditioning/bootcamp classes OP
    Cheers for that. PM'd back.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭12thofthe12th

There's an open garage style gym called Body Dynamics beside Pure Skill in knocknacarra, they do weight training mixed with circuits, HIIT and the like. The sessions i did involved weights, sledge, tyre flips, box jumps, box and sprints, medicine ball throwing etc.

Advertisement