Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can men handle childbirth?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

haha all men should be put through this while were giving birth lol brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,502 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Can women?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

kitten_k wrote: »

They look like they handled it about as well as I did. Wish I could have given up after 2 hours though!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Their bodies also hadn't spent nine months pumping them full of hormones and otherwise preparing for it. Two hours seems like they handled it pretty well, looks like it puts the old nonsense about women's higher pain threshold to bed.

Though it's not really possible to simulate the actual birth process, which is no doubt on another level again.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

seamus wrote: »
    Their bodies also hadn't spent nine months pumping them full of hormones and otherwise preparing for it.

The hormones! They do nothing! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Das Kitty wrote: »
    The hormones! They do nothing! :pac:

except make you crazy, sick, weepy and exhausted all at the same time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Vel

I think that if us women going through the labour could flick a switch and opt out after a couple of hours many of us would too but the difference is we can't so we just have to get on with it. If men had to go through it for real then they'd be just as able as the women because they'd have no choice but to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I've had two children and I can't handle childbirth. I had epidurals with both. I didn't feel a single contraction on my first and only a few on my second. I think fair play to them for lasting two hours.

Advertisement