Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nice restaurants.

Options
  • 23-01-2013 5:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

So Valentines is approaching and I would like to take my girlfriend somewhere nice for dinner. We are foodys so it has to be nice. Italians are out of the questions really and I've had enough Chinese to last me a lifetime. I'd like the meal to be nice but not ridiculously priced cause I have a few other ideas I'd like to treat her too and being a teen I ain't loaded:pac:

So what are the best places to eat? Familiar with most streets in the city and that and will go astray for the right place.

Thanks,

Ridley

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭D1stant

Try the Lebanese place on Thomas Street. Yum

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭fredo1664

Have you had a look at The Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread?

You could try the French Table, it can be expensive but the "value" menu is relatively affordable (28 euro without the wine) and tasty.

If you drive (and don't drink), you could try the restaurants in Bunratty for a change.

I realize my suggestions are not the cheapest, the Definitive Limerick Restaurant and Takeaway Thread will have some cheaper options :-)

I have to agree with D1stant, the Lebanese place is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭RubyWoo83

New place called Casa Nostra has opened in Mount Kenneth. Have only had take aways from there myself so far but the food is gorgeous, it's real authentic italian food, staff are so friendly. Friends have eaten in there too and raved about it.

I also like the Red Door in Bunratty (not cheap though), the River Bistro (near the Locke - very cosy and romantic) and Azur (also near the Locke). I'd be hoping for one of these places if I am going to be taken to dinner :D

fredo1664 wrote: »
    I have to agree with D1stant, the Lebanese place is good.

Would really like to try this place actually!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

Mejana the Lebanese place is really nice. I'm quite picky with food but this was really good. Be careful though! A bellydancer comes out while you're eating your meal so don't get caught looking haha

Kev_2012 wrote: »
    Mejana the Lebanese place is really nice. I'm quite picky with food but this was really good. Be careful though! A bellydancer comes out while you're eating your meal so don't get caught looking haha

That's actually quite cool, is that every night or just the weekends?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Cheers for all the suggestions lads, will look into the thread mentioned above!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

That Lebanese place seems to be the olny interesting place in Limerick for something different

Is that Casa Nostra a real Italian?Cause seemed it being pushed hard on Facebook last 2 weeks

Sorry lads but, whats Lebanese food? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

ate in texas steakout few months ago , food was very good.
    http://www.texassteakout.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,862 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Chocolat on O'Connell Street (Across from Marco Polo (where Luigi Malone's was)) is pretty good. Reasonably priced (good early bird menu, and usually have good Valentine's deals) and lovely food :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,189 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Sorry lads but, whats Lebanese food? :pac:

See their website:
    http://www.mejana.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭yogalady

I love the glasshouse. value deal 25 euro 3 courses. its something special i think. Also can recommend Copper and Spice in town or annacotty. I like the thai gourmet also. Red Onion is nice 2

ate in jd's steakhouse few months ago , food was very good.

That's in the city yes? That's what came to mind when I first thought.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

Wheres JDs steakhouse?

If you go for Lebanese cuisine, I suggest you don't order "main courses", but a bunch of mezze instead. Technically, you'll be getting small portions of a lot of different stuff to share, instead of two main meals you can't really share. That's the beauty of this kind of cuisine, you share so you are able to try a bit of everything. You can ask you waitress if you're lost in the mezze selection.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

bigpink wrote: »
    Wheres JDs steakhouse?

wrong name of restaurant, was texas steakout actually, very good food.
    http://www.texassteakout.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭onlyfinewine

yogalady wrote: »
    I love the glasshouse. value deal 25 euro 3 courses. its something special i think. Also can recommend Copper and Spice in town or annacotty. I like the Thai Gourmet also. Red Onion is nice 2

Second the Thai Gourmet for beautifully cooked food with fresh flavours and they don't use MSG in their cooking. As you are on a budget they do early bird specials (but not too early) for 13.50 each. I seriously don't know how they do it. They have a selection of Thai beers or a bottle of house wine is 15 Euro. I could not recommend it highly enough. You might even go twice!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

and they don't use MSD in their cooking.

That's all well and good, but what about MSG? ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement