Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vectra Cruise Control Malfunction

Options
  • 23-01-2013 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

I've been having an issue with the cruise control on the Vectra for a few weeks now. It's a 08.

It auto cancels if I indicate left, dip full lights, hit bumpy road and so on, but also fails to engage a lot ( sometimes there are no issues at all) and will cancel after 1-2 seconds or as soon as I take my finger off the set button.

The garage where I bought it will fix it if I get to them, however it's a 750km round trip, so I don't want to go of its a simple issue that I can get fixed for less than the tank of diesel and 8 hours inconvenience.

A) Has anyone had issues with cruise control on a Vectra?

B) Does anyone know (because the manual doesn't specify) which fuse controls the cruise control?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

I don't think the fuse is going to make any difference to you. It sounds like you have 2 problems (maybe three).

CC Canceling with indicator and/or dipping the beam sounds like you might have a problem with the stalk itself. The contacts might need to be cleaned, but as far as I know, you are looking at stripping down the dash to remove it.

Canceling on a bumpy road could be that the return spring on either your clutch and/or break pedal isn't returning the pedal fully. Sounds like it is just on the edge where a bump on the road could push it in enough to cancel the CC.

I would check the pedals first, as it might be an easier fix than stripping out the control stalk.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I don't think the fuse is going to make any difference to you. It sounds like you have 2 problems (maybe three).

CC Canceling with indicator and/or dipping the beam sounds like you might have a problem with the stalk itself. The contacts might need to be cleaned, but as far as I know, you are looking at stripping down the dash to remove it.

Canceling on a bumpy road could be that the return spring on either your clutch and/or break pedal isn't returning the pedal fully. Sounds like it is just on the edge where a bump on the road could push it in enough to cancel the CC.

I would check the pedals first, as it might be an easier fix than stripping out the control stalk.

I was wondering of it was just a reset required. That worked on the Mondeo. I've got a feeling it's the stalk.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

My '06 Vectra had this after about 80k km in. Not the indicator issue, but cancelling a few seconds after putting it on, and this would be smooth motorway. It didn't bother me too much as the opportunity to use it was rare, but as it was a lease car from a Ford garage, it would have been more hassle than it was worth for them to investigate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Company vectra one of the rear calipers were acting up and cancelling the cruse as a result

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭GeneHunt

ninty9er wrote: »
    I've been having an issue with the cruise control on the Vectra for a few weeks now. It's a 08.

It auto cancels if I indicate left, dip full lights, hit bumpy road and so on, but also fails to engage a lot ( sometimes there are no issues at all) and will cancel after 1-2 seconds or as soon as I take my finger off the set button.

Hi, I'm having the very same problems with my '07 Vectra. The cruise control cancels just like you described, if I indicate, dip the lights and hitting a bump on the road (motorway) can do it, I was thinking it is the contacts on the stalk itself, cos if I just touched the stalk the cc cancelled, but that could be a coincidence!!! I do a lot of motorway driving so this is a real nuisance. I'm just wondering did you get the problem on your Vectra fixed yet?
    corkgsxr wrote: »
    Company vectra one of the rear calipers were acting up and cancelling the cruse as a result

I'm surprised if it is a brake caliper acting up and cancelling the cruise control.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Had an issue with a slack clutch pedal return spring that cancelled the cruise control on a Vectra

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

GeneHunt wrote: »
    Hi, I'm having the very same problems with my '07 Vectra. The cruise control cancels just like you described, if I indicate, dip the lights and hitting a bump on the road (motorway) can do it, I was thinking it is the contacts on the stalk itself, cos if I just touched the stalk the cc cancelled, but that could be a coincidence!!! I do a lot of motorway driving so this is a real nuisance. I'm just wondering did you get the problem on your Vectra fixed yet?

I'm surprised if it is a brake caliper acting up and cancelling the cruise control.:confused:

It did on the father's company vectra.

Advertisement