Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMS tones

Options
  • 22-01-2013 11:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭

I have been trying to find the sms tone for ages now everyone will think i am absolutely crazy because i don't even know the name of the tone. but its either a Samsung sms tone or an LG or Nokia i have no idea what the name of it is. i have been trying to download it for ages now. The only time I've heard this sms tone is in soaps so i know this doesn't help. (if anyone watches Fair City Charlotte and Renee had the message tone.)
    Any advice would be great, thanks! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

xXxkorixXx wrote: »
    I have been trying to find the sms tone for ages now everyone will think i am absolutely crazy because i don't even know the name of the tone. but its either a Samsung sms tone or an LG or Nokia i have no idea what the name of it is. i have been trying to download it for ages now. The only time I've heard this sms tone is in soaps so i know this doesn't help. (if anyone watches Fair City Charlotte and Renee had the message tone.)
    Any advice would be great, thanks! :)

Can you find anything close to it on youtube? or even what phone those characters had?

Bit of a needle in a haystack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭jordainius

In soaps they usually add in the phone sounds in post production/editing (or whatever its called) and more often than not the sms sounds added don't actually match the phone. So for example the characters Samsung phone will have the Nokia SMS tone. So identifying the phone on tv may not help.

But you really are going to have to give more information OP. Can you describe the sound in any way??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Sony Ericsson

Samsung

Apple/iOS

HTC

Motorola (doubt it highly)

It isn't Nokia- you'd know that. It is probably not LG either.

\\\\

I then read the post properly. SMS tone. Feck.

Sony Ericsson

Samsung

Nokia (version 2)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Try zedge.net
    Loads of sms tones on there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭xXxkorixXx

Thanks a million. the only way i csn describe the sms tone is 3 quick high tone do-du-lu

thats the only way i can describe it, hope this helps... ive tried zedge and cant find it....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

http://youtu.be/xYTWPHHA_BA

You're welcome.

:P

its like that, but a lot higher pitched sound

• Registered Users Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

If it is higher pitched:
    http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/2818473/

Hi again, could someone please help me find a certain sms/notification tone if anyone watches 'Fair City' then hopefully you'll know what i'm talking about.The one i'm looking for is the one that Rachel had as her notification/sms tone when she got the text message about the mouse pic. Does anyone know or have any idea of the name of it. Its driving me crazy as i'll do anything to find it but i just cant think of the name of the notification/sms tone. It was the one that was being used when Ruth spilled the juice? (just i/c anyone is wondering) Ive already tired to upload the one that im trying to explain but it wont upload. Please, can someone help me find it or just send me the name? Please, i am desperate to find it. Thank you so much.

(P.S, I know i've posted her before asking for the same sms/notification tone but hoefully i've given more info this time round! :cool:)

Advertisement