Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am eligible to appeal SUSI grant?

Options
  • 22-01-2013 7:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭

I am a 24 year old independent mature student.I applied for the student grant and finally got word today that I have been approved.I have been awarded the following:
    Full Maintenance and 100% Fees Non Adjacent
    € 3,024.99 - Maintenance amount.

I had been hoping to get the special rate.I earned below €15,000 in the year ending 2011,does this not mean I qualify for the special rate?Plus I am living more than 45km from the Collage.

Anyone able to help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭donegal11

did you receive one of these payments during the year http://www.studentfinance.ie/downloads/1341503130/schedule2.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishLad2012

donegal11 wrote: »
    did you receive one of these payments during the year http://www.studentfinance.ie/downloads/1341503130/schedule2.pdf
    No I received Jobseeker's benefit(Stamp Money),it wasn't for 52 weeks though.so I dont qualify for special rate?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

When were you receiving the jobseekers benefit?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

When were you receiving the jobseekers benefit?
    in 2011 but only for about 15 weeks.That would rule me out for the special rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

in 2011 but only for about 15 weeks.That would rule me out for the special rate.

You need to have been in receipt of it on 31st December 2011 as per the link provided above

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

You need to have been in receipt of it on 31st December 2011 as per the link provided above

Yes I was in receipt of it on that date but I don't think I have enough weeks built up.Will talk with the student union tomorrow.

Advertisement