Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DELL PowerEdge T110 II vs Fujitsu Primergy TX100S3 servers

Options
  • 22-01-2013 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

DELL PowerEdge T110 II vs Fujitsu Primergy TX100S3

I'm looking to replace/upgrade our old dell server, I was planning on getting a new Dell, the DELL PowerEdge T110 - €2100 approx. But the Dabs sales guy is offering a Fujitsu Primergy TX100S3 for €1402 approx. I've no experience with Fujitsu and am looking for any opinions people have on them.

The two main concerns I have is that I know than I can get dell mission critical support or similar but I'm not sure what support I can get of Dabs. Secondly the dell has a few extra options that I may not need to save €700.

What do you think?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Have dealt with a few Fujitsu Servers. Would stay away from them if i could to be honest. Support isn't the greatest. Would stick with HP Dell or even IBM.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 byrnecontrol

I wouldn't be so quick to discredit fujistsu on a single server purchase, if you were buying 100s of servers maybe look elsewhere, but the support from dell/hp isn't amazing for small business, for the sake of 700 euros if its was spec for spec I'd go with fujitsu, ask the sales guy if there is a better support option available, i.e. 8hr.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭jamesd

Use Dell servers - 8 servers in 3 sites and the service and the availabality of parts is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 byrnecontrol

I've used both and there is little difference between the service, Dell v fujitsu, i've a dosd also which is handy but only available on prosupport.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 RichardX13

In my opinion you should really stick with Dell here. Fujitsu have very limited support and parts compared to dell. Also, I've found anything under Dell warranty has never been a problem. Out of all the Dell servers we support, 1 t110 gave an issue where 3 drives failed over 1 year. Dell replaced each drive and talked my colleague through the rebuilding process each time. Follow up support is A grade too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement