Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best GPS for Europe

• 22-01-2013 4:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

I want to get a GPS for my parents for when they go on hols but it has to be something that's really easy to use.
    What's the best easy-to-use Sat Nav with good Europe maps??

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

As always Stick with TomTom or Garmin and you will do OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lcom36

Yes I think I will go with one of the Tom Toms. I've heard that the Garmin software can be a bit buggy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 352 ✭✭TheHamster

agree with tom tom, Navigon is ok too and Igo but I tend to find the Tom Tom Maps are updated more

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Yes , with Tom Tom & Garmin you are sure of regular updates, With TomTom you also have the ability to make your own corrections on the device & use corrections made by others..

• Registered Users Posts: 24 lcom36

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭Cerco

I would also recommend Tomtom. I have the GO1000. I used it in France and Italy and would never travel without it now. .

Give it to them well in advance of traveling so they can be very familiar with it. Otherewise it will be no benefit at all and may even be a distraction. Last thing they need, is to be fiddling about while trying to cope with driving in Europe.

Advertisement