Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Phone System

Options
  • 22-01-2013 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Anyone know of any good companies who install phone systems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ghealy

Heard of a place in cork that does them, installs and does a maintenance contract. They are invistech. Anyone used them??

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Thread moved

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Where are you based?

Innovate Voicegrid apparently are very good. They come and install the system and hook you up and provide full training. Their based in Gorey I think. You purchase it in monthly payments.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

Do you have a phone system already?
    How many end users?
    Do you have ISDN or Analogue trunks already?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭MLC61

I was aware that they used Cisco handsets and this allowed them to imply that it was a Cisco system whereas they used freeware on a PC. They will link this to the Blueface service over regular bit stream broadband which is guaranteed to cause problems.

If you still looking for a system, PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

I agree with you, I don't like the way they do this. Asterisk is a great piece of software once its setup correctly, but it is misleading.

For VoIP (any provider), you do need a decent connection. A 1mb connection is just not going to do it and you need QoS setup properly. Uncontended broadband would be fine, upc/fibre great but not everyone can get that.

You need to consider backups also, what if electricity goes? Is your phone system down also? This is important, even when its fixed line your dealing with.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 No1_Monkey

You could try Telcom. They have been providing pbx maintenance and new pbx systems along with voice traffic since 1999.

www.telcom.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,810 ✭✭✭tech

Where are invistech based? what systems do they do ?

Advertisement