Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

cancellation driving test

• 22-01-2013 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi All
    Slight duplication on another post in learning to drive but not getting any response so i posted it here!!
    Basically, I did a test during xmas and failed unfortunately, but being honest and not trying to blame others but I was certain that my tester marked very harshly . Gutted, especially given that ive plenty of driving experience and spent a small fortune on lessons.
    Anyways, for this job that im been offered, its essential that i have a full licence by the starting date March 5th. (Financially badly needed)
    Not long notice I know but Im told if i keep calling for cancellations(currently on waiting list), ill may get something by then?? Is this true??

Furthermore, an instructor told me that in a lot of centres waiting lists are dragged out to keep jobs and if gave the RSA my story they might try and squeeze me in???

As I need,as opposed to want the test, any info would be greately appreciated .

Thanks

xxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ger10

hey,

I was in a similar situation as you a few months back. After the test, you have to wait three weeks until you can book again.
    When the three weeks is up, go online a book the test (not a cancellation-a normal test).
    Ring the rsa and say you want they next available cancellation in your area. I got mine in three days.

Where are you planning on doing the test?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I was certain that my tester marked very harshly

In my experience the testers mark fairly, and I did my test three times before passing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,534 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

OP, if you feel you deserved to pass, you can appeal to the District Court which can order a retest which I believe is normally carried out with an inspector in the back seat (which guarantees that you will be failed on any fatal mistake that a normal tester might chose to downgrade to an advisory) but that is going to take months so I'd go the expedited route described above. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rockingout

ger10 wrote: »
    hey,

I was in a similar situation as you a few months back. After the test, you have to wait three weeks until you can book again.
    When the three weeks is up, go online a book the test (not a cancellation-a normal test).
    Ring the rsa and say you want they next available cancellation in your area. I got mine in three days.

Where are you planning on doing the test?

hi am im told i can do one three weeks after my first one eg if i did a test two weeks ago i could sit one in a weeks time,,,

Am ok rite ,, duno if i should go to that extremes ill just hope not to get the same tester again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Did you ring the rsa? I did my test last year and rang to be put on the cancellation list. The women on the phone told me to hold and she gave me a date and time over the phones and the date was for 2 weeks which was quick enough I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Book test as normal.
    Call RSA, explain the situation and look for a cancellation slot.
    Bring feedback from previous test to driving instructor and get a lesson or two more.
    Practice.
    Consider doing a pre-test with your instructor on the actual driving test route.

Don't panic.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 rockingout

Thanks guys hopefully itll be better next time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Ask the company to provide a letter stating you need a full licence, speeds things up considerably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Condatis

There is no requirement that you wait three weeks before applying for another test.

Condatis wrote: »
    There is no requirement that you wait three weeks before applying for another test.

Yes there is! I did my test 3 times before I passed.

Three weeks is the time it takes for you fail sheet to be sent into the rsa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

Used to be a time where you could get a letter from your employer to say you needed a full license that would get you a test in a couple of weeks. Does that still happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

djimi wrote: »
    Used to be a time where you could get a letter from your employer to say you needed a full license that would get you a test in a couple of weeks. Does that still happen?

Yes it does.

djimi wrote: »

Literally just as quick ringing up and asking. You will get a date and time in the next couple of days

Yes there is! I did my test 3 times before I passed.

Three weeks is the time it takes for you fail sheet to be sent into the rsa.

You may apply for a new test on the same that you fail. Just apply on-line. What you call the "fail sheet" has to relevance in obtaining a new test date.

Condatis wrote: »
    You may apply for a new test on the same that you fail. Just apply on-line. What you call the "fail sheet" has to relevance in obtaining a new test date.

Yes, you can do that, but that will take up to 6 weeks.
    What I am saying is that if you wait three weeks, the RSA will have obtained your fail sheet and therefore can give you a date for the following day (if you ring up) if there is one free.

Yes, you can do that, but that will take up to 6 weeks.
    What I am saying is that if you wait three weeks, the RSA will have obtained your fail sheet and therefore can give you a date for the following day (if you ring up) if there is one free.

Well: My daughter failed her test; came home, applied online and got a cancellation for ten days later. No requirement for a "fail sheet".

Advertisement