Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2k paint

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

You can buy 2k laquer and that should do the job.

wil it make any diffrence by spraying it over 2k paint what are the steps i am new to this?
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Tbh Im no expert as haven't done much of it myself just bits and pieces here and there. But you can buy 2k laquer(In rattle cans or otherwise) which should go on top of a 2k base coat no problem. Don't bother with 1k celloluse laquer it's not really up to the job.

I've always put the laquer on after leaving the top coat to dry for about an hour. I always apply three coats to give the best shine (leaving an hour between each application). You can colour sand the area afterwards when it's fully dry to give a smooth finish and eliminate any orange peel effect. Btw make sure you wear the correct breathing apparatus in a well ventilated area when using 2k paint. It's very poisonus stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭kdevitt

You should put 2k laquer on top of your 2k base coat. You can also use acrylic, but not sure why you'd want to. You can't put 2k paint over acrylic though.

Advertisement