Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for a Grant

Options
  • 21-01-2013 10:27pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 769 ✭✭✭

Ok, the course i want to do will cost 5200 PA. Quite pricey i know. I wont be entering collage until 2014, but want to know if im eligible. My dad earns 30000 a year and also 1900 a month on rent. will i be eligable for a student grant or will i have to apply for a loan. Or is it possible to get the full amount for the completion of my 3 year course. (15600) a wait to pay it back when i get a job after graduation or can i not.
    Any advie will be appreiated

Also i dont work yet but just turned 17 and looking to get a summer job to help pay for this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It's impossible for us to say for definite what the grant rules will be in a years time

I have a couple of questions though - is the course private? why are the fees so much?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement