Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

windows

• 21-01-2013 9:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,056 ✭✭✭✭

My mother electric car windows aren't working right. when I push the button down and let go, the window goes down but does not do it going back up

How can I fix it

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Ummmmmmmmm..... What car???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,056 ✭✭✭✭cena

OSI wrote: »
    Little confused as your post is difficult to understand. Are you saying that when you push the button down and let go, the windows go down. But to close them you have to hold it up? That's pretty standard behaviour for a lot of cars.

That is what i'm saying.

dgt wrote: »
    Ummmmmmmmm..... What car???

07 astra

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

cena wrote: »
    That is what i'm saying.

Do you mean that when you "double tap" the window to go up or down, it does this fine for opening, but to get it to close then you've to hold the button all the way rather than just double hitting it and letting go and it closes by itself?

You might need a new switch in the drivers door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

So the auto up doesn't work? Is the switch broke?

• Advertisement

dgt wrote: »
    So the auto up doesn't work? Is the switch broke?

ya it is not working. Not the switch if fine

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

OH had this problem in his Citroen C5

Started out with the passenger window not closing, and over a period of time, it stopped opening and closing windows full stop.

It was the switch (I'm fairly sure that's what it was called, but it could have been also called the regulator) in the drivers door that needed to be replaced, it was a very slow failure, went bit by bit over a few months.

Part was fairly cheap from a scrapyard and easy to replace too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Can anyone confirm if there is an auto-up function on this model?

My car doesn't have it. Safety reasons I'd assume... in case a dog or child leant on the switch with their head out the window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,552 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I know on some cars to reset this function you drop the window, then keep switch pulled until you close the window then let go then immediately pull switch up again for a couple of seconds. This is to show it where the closed position is.
    Dont know if applicable to your car but worth a try.

Can anyone confirm if there is an auto-up function on this model?

My car doesn't have it. Safety reasons I'd assume... in case a dog or child leant on the switch with their head out the window.

Her astra is the club verision

• Advertisement
Advertisement