Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Postal service have reformed

Options
  • 21-01-2013 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭

Looks like Ben Gibbard and Jimmy Tamborello have dusted off the ould Postal Service moniker and are back on the road (for Coachella at least) with a reissue of Give Up also on the cards. Cant believe its 10 years old. Still no word on a new album but I know a lot on here would love it if they did.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭SilverScreen

Well this is a surprise! Haven't listened to Give Up in ages so I must dig it out and give it a spin. I'd like to see them release a new album although it would be some job trying to top Give Up. I wonder if they're planning any dates on this side of the pond?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Heavily rumoured for Primavera.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Heavily rumoured for Primavera.

Tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,810 ✭✭✭✭Basq

lordgoat wrote: »
    Tomorrow.
    Now confirmed for Primavera...

.. am currently pricing flights! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭notnumber

Basq wrote: »

Seems to be a popular festival with the mods around here:)
    What the deal, tickets still available?
    Bloody awesome lineup but the main site seems down..
    http://www.primaverasound.es/entradas

Here’s the 2013 lineup for Barcelona’s Primavera Sound: Blur, My Bloody Valentine, Wu-Tang Clan (!), The Knife, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Phoenix, The Postal Service, Fiona Apple, Hot Chip, The Breeders performing Last Splash, Swans, Band of Horses, Deerhunter, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Dexys, James Blake, Animal Collective, Grizzly Bear, Crystal Castles, Death Grips, Local Natives, Tinariwen, Rodriguez, Daniel Johnston, Neurosis, Dinosaur Jr., Shellac, Hot Snakes, Bob Mould, John Talabot, Disclosure, Killer Mike, Solange, Jessie Ware, Liars, Dead Can Dance, and **** Buttons.

• Advertisement

notnumber wrote: »
    Seems to be a popular festival with the mods around here:)
    What the deal, tickets still available?
    Bloody awesome lineup but the main site seems down..
    http://www.primaverasound.es/entradas
    The site went down after it was announced about The Postal Service.. but seems to have stabilized a bit now.

Seem to be still on sale: http://www.ticktackticket.com/entradas/goto.do?claves=primavera+sound

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Have it all sorted for the last couple of months. Always worth gambling on this festival.

Get your accommodation sorted quickly as things will be snapped up pronto after that announcement.

www.friendlyrentals.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Yeah it's a great festival and a terrific lineup this year.

Some of those bands will make it to Dublin for Forbidden Fruit but probably not the ones I want. :mad:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

I'm looking for a song with the words "there I am" sang in the chorus by female vocalists. I heard it on today FM about an hour ago, and I think the DJ said it was one by Postal Service. Am I right? If so, whats it called? It was also in the mash-up intro of Donal Dineens "wee small hours" show.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

newmug wrote: »
    I'm looking for a song with the words "there I am" sang in the chorus by female vocalists. I heard it on today FM about an hour ago, and I think the DJ said it was one by Postal Service. Am I right? If so, whats it called? It was also in the mash-up intro of Donal Dineens "wee small hours" show.

"The District Sleeps Alone Tonight" (and it's 'where I am' btw :P )

Used to be obsessed with this song, it's a belter

• Advertisement

newmug wrote: »
    If so, whats it called? It was also in the mash-up intro of Donal Dineens "wee small hours" show.

As stated it's The District Sleeps Alone tonight. Funnily enough, Donal Dineen was the first DJ I ever heard playing the Postal Service. I remember saving the name into my phone late at night so I'd remember in the morning to hunt down their album. I still have a real soft spot for the album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

See they have announced Manchester and London gigs. Getting tickets will be tricky!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,362 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

They went on a presale 5 minutes after you posted that.

I got me a London ticket already.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Yeah it's a great festival and a terrific lineup this year.

Some of those bands will make it to Dublin for Forbidden Fruit but probably not the ones I want. :mad:
    i see TPS are playing in Washington a few days after Primavera, so i dobt they'll be flying back to Dublin a few days later for FF :(

i see TPS are playing in Washington a few days after Primavera, so i dobt they'll be flying back to Dublin a few days later for FF :(

I forget that FF and Primavera weren't clashing this year. Damn it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭maximoose

Got me a ticket for one of the London shows, very excited! Cannot wait to hear Natural Anthem live

(a previously unheard song from the re-release of 'Give Up'.. with another one still to be unveiled- "Turn Around")

• Registered Users Posts: 12,462 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

(a previously unheard song from the re-release of 'Give Up'.. with another one still to be unveiled- "Turn Around")

Dont think I'll be re-purchasing to get that track anyway. Tis ok and all but definite b-side material.

Funny Or Die: Unseen Postal Service Auditions

Appearances by Ben Gibbard, Jimmy Tamborello, Marc Maron, Tom DeLonge, Nate Mendel, Aimee Mann, Duff McKagan, Moby, Page Hamilton and Weird Al Yankovich.

Advertisement