Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ronnie O Sullivan goffs kildare 5th February

Options
  • 21-01-2013 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭

Hi
    I purchased tickets through ticket master to go see Ronnie O Sullivan in goffs kildare on tue 5th February 2013.

Does anybody know will he turn up this time to play with Steve Davis or will he pull out of that match like he did in Galway in 2012.

My dad was watching snooker last night and a man ( commentator) said that ronnie dosent go to training much or dosent think he will play in championship in April.

Since I bought from ticketmaster, in the event he dosent turn up on the night can I get a refund from ticketmaster in the event if a no- show from ronnie,
    Any feedback id appreciate please
    Thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Rest assured Ronnie will play Davis that night. He's already played several exhibitions for this legends tour this season.

I know the event organiser personally and he promises it will be a night to remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Triangular

squeky wrote: »

My dad was watching snooker last night and a man ( commentator) said that ronnie dosent go to training much or dosent think he will play in championship in April.

Ronnie O´Sullivan explains why he won´t play again.

That interview was in Belgium a few weeks back after an exhibition with Hendry. I honestly believe we won't see Ronnie compete again in tournament play but as I said rest assured he'll be at Goffs and at the other legend events he is signed up to play in.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭squeky

Zack01
    thank you for your reply to me and i really hope he does play as my dad was heartbroken! in NUIG in 2012 when he didn't show up to play he was a broken man!! as he loves to watch Ronnie play
    so i really hope he does play as it will be devastating to dad if he dosent play at this as dad dosent want to see anyone else only Ronnie - hence why i asked if he didnt show up could we get our money back!

@Triangular, thank you that's what dad heard also that he is finished playing tournaments etc and got worried would he not play goffs either after us all buying tickets to bring dad to it!

Thanks very much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Omega28

Does anyone know where I might be able to get two tickets for this event? I'll be gutted if I miss it, a genuine and lover of snooker :(

• Advertisement

As far as I know it's sold out but there's a date lined up in Belfast in June, a doubles exhibition match featuring White & Doherty v Hendry & O'Sullivan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

Hi All,

I have one VIP ticket for this event to sell, person I was to go with cannot go so i will go by myself but I have one ticket now to sell it.
    Itis VIP ticket, 90 euro, event to meet with Ronnie with a glass of champaine etc, to take his autograph or shake his hand - as I hope to do :).
    I am in Dublin, iin city centre every day while working, ticket for collection only.

Anyone interested please let me know.

ps here's the excert about it:
    The VIP reception will take place before the event on Tuesday 5th February 2013 between 6pm - 6.45pm (before the match). Here Ronnie, Steve, Michaela and Dennis will be on hand to say hello, sign your autographs and generally mix and mingle before the event itself. VIP Package also includes a glass of champagne and a prime seat at the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 TrevSmyth147

Hi Lavinia

I'd love to buy that ticket from you please. I'm also based in the city centre.

Can you contact me by email on TrevSmyth147@hotmail.com
    please

Thanks
    Trevor

Hi Lavinia

I'd love to buy that ticket from you please. I'm also based in the city centre.

Can you contact me by email on TrevSmyth147@hotmail.com
    please

Thanks
    Trevor
    Hi Trevor,

Thank you for your message.
    I hope you wont get me wrong but I would not like to contact through the email, can you please send me a message through Boards.ie - there are also private messages available here. Thanks a lot.

Just as a note if anyone is interested please contact me through Boards.ie, thanks.

Anyone is more than welcome! :)

• Advertisement

The Belfast date is confirmed for June 4th at the Waterfront Theatre.

It's a doubles challenge match featuring Jimmy White & Ken Doherty v Stephen Hendry & Ronnie O'Sullivan. 12 world titles between these guys plus the six time runner up and people champion.

It promises to be a great night.

For tickets contact the Waterfront in Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

zack01 wrote: »
    As far as I know it's sold out but there's a date lined up in Belfast in June, a doubles exhibition match featuring White & Doherty v Hendry & O'Sullivan.

Isn't it great that the interest in snooker is such that an exhibition in Goffs sells out in advance.

On the other hand it's a bit of a bitch because I wouldn't have minded going.

Just to say that my ticket is gone..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭murtyd17

What you think of it last night?

Next year will be even better, a two day event is being planned for Goffs. A doubles tournament featuring 16 'legends' teams will be redrawn each round.

Should be fun !!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Greenbaize

Its a pity Ronnie doesnt play more exhibitions over here. Who organises them here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

zack01 wrote: »
    The Belfast date is confirmed for June 4th at the Waterfront Theatre.

It's a doubles challenge match featuring Jimmy White & Ken Doherty v Stephen Hendry & Ronnie O'Sullivan. 12 world titles between these guys plus the six time runner up and people champion.

It promises to be a great night.

For tickets contact the Waterfront in Belfast.

Tempted to get tickets for this event. Would it be worth going to does anyone know?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

Tempted to get tickets for this event. Would it be worth going to does anyone know?

Been having a little look at this myself, the Snooker Legends nights are supposed to be a great show.

Tickets and info here.

celticfc wrote: »
    Been having a little look at this myself, the Snooker Legends nights are supposed to be a great show.

Tickets and info here.

The legends nights are great fun, I've been to quite a few of them myself, getting a bit tired of the same old yarns from Dennus Taylor though :(

The legends cup weekend last year was great fun with a Ireland & UK team playing the rest of the world. It was a week after Ronnie won the worlds and he really let his hair down that w'end.

The line up in Belfast in June is as good as it gets so it should be a great evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

Tickets ordered for Belfast so hopefully it's a good night and Ronnie shows up!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,704 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

I would love to see Barry Hearn bring a ranking event to Goffs, cracking venue back in the day.

Would it be possible with only 1 table?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭Spiderpig92

Its been done with the PTC finals, but can't see it happening, Goffs is a very old fashioned arena, although it generates one of the best atmospheres, could easily see players not take to it in the modern era. Saying that, I would love to see a tournament staged there myself!

Advertisement