Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting started

Options
  • 21-01-2013 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I have been reading a lot around the different schools of buddhism, and the theory and practice of meditation, but I think I am the kind of person who really needs guidance to get started- the words start to swim a bit and I find it hard to concentrate- which is one of the reasons I want to get better at meditating.

To that end, I was wondering if there are any specific courses or retreats that would be recommended to get the basics down before practicing myself? I am based in the countryside at the moment with no real way to travel, and I'm writing my thesis so getting to Dublin on a regular timetable for some of the courses is difficult- as is finding the money to pay. I am hoping to get a job when I finish in a few weeks, so was thinking that perhaps a residential retreat might be a good option?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

In addition, would also recommend you look at a couple of Videos on Meditation from Youtube. There are good primers there.

Advertisement