Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take to change your address on the electoral register?

Options
  • 21-01-2013 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Just a quick Q. Wondering how long on average it takes for the process to finish?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Just a quick Q. Wondering how long on average it takes for the process to finish?
    Once you have the doc and garda stamp it only takes a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭lc180

Sorry to dig up an inactive thread but my question is similar.

I'm from the country but now living in Dublin so need to change my address if I want to vote in the upcoming referendum. I don't suppose this process has been modernized and is doable online now?

Wishful thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 emon

No. It's still has to be done via the old RFA3 form route :( I actually have a follow up question. I recently moved from Westmeath to South Dublin. Currently I'm living under Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council. My question is, which county council should I send my completed RFA3 form to? I'm guessing this has to be Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council? Also please look at the form at:
    http://www.checktheregister.ie/appforms/RFA3_English_Form.pdf

For point 8 in that form, I should also fill out Dún Laoghaire-Rathdown County Council, right?

Any help on this is highly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Colm R

Yes, you send it to Dun Laoighaire / Rathdown. They will add you to the register and then they will forward the form on to Westmeath and sometime later, you will be removed from it there.

The key here, on October 4th, you could possibly vote in Dublin and in Westmeath. But then, when Westmeath receive the form later on, and go to remove they might check if you voted and then your in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭echo beach

Colm R wrote: »
    The key here, on October 4th, you could possibly vote in Dublin and in Westmeath.

Although it is possible to be on the register twice, that doesn't give you the right to vote twice, and I'm sure that isn't your intention.

If you want to be included on the supplemental register to vote in the referendum you have to act fast as the deadline is coming up soon - Monday or Tuesday.

• Advertisement
Advertisement