Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triathlete Europe

Options
  • 21-01-2013 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone get their January issue yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

tunney wrote: »
    Anyone get their January issue yet?

Appalling delivery timelines.
    Cancelled my sub last year and now opt for odd magazine or else download new mag via iPhone app whenever want it.

Got fed up of seeing the new mag in shop weeks before I got it. And having to send reminders and requests to get previous issue.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Was bad last time I had a subscription but this is cat. Still waiting on the free gift.

Its a grand magazine but too pricey in the shops and delivery is obviously sh1te.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

tunney wrote: »
    Was bad last time I had a subscription but this is cat. Still waiting on the free gift.

Its a grand magazine but too pricey in the shops and delivery is obviously sh1te.

Also still waiting on free gift :D

The iPhone app only charges €2.69 per issue - or an annual fee for cheaper also I think.
    Not sure if they have same on android yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

Never once can I remember having I missed an issue or it being late in the three years of having an Economist subscription (which is weekly) but I can't ever remember getting a monthly Triathlete magazine before it was available in the shops.

Not renewing due to several missed issues and even when I have rang up it still takes a couple of weeks to get the replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Yep, got mine. What you missed;

Leanda Cave is pretty boring.
    Jesse Thomas got even more coverage than usual.
    Their Lance-boner hasn't worn off yet. (He's featured in their 10 most influential people in triathlon).
    There's the token 'normal person' interview with an AG-er whose missus won't let him do IM Austria.

OK made the last one up, but that's about the gist of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

Bored of the content
    Bored of the late arrival
    Bored of the black tee
    Bored of the fee

Won't be renewing. Bought a stack of books to read in 2013 instead.

They did introduce me to zipvit gels though which is a positive

Basster wrote: »
    Yep, got mine. What you missed;

Leanda Cave is pretty boring.
    Jesse Thomas got even more coverage than usual.
    Their Lance-boner hasn't worn off yet. (He's featured in their 10 most influential people in triathlon).
    There's the token 'normal person' interview with an AG-er whose missus won't let him do IM Austria.

OK made the last one up, but that's about the gist of it.

Took me nine hours to get the joke.......

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Bored of the content
    Bored of the late arrival
    Bored of the black tee
    Bored of the fee

Won't be renewing. Bought a stack of books to read in 2013
    This. And the fact that by the time you get it it's all old news. They did a big promo on Lance doing tri the month he was banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭Izoard

Mine arrived today, although my enthusiasm has been drained after reading this thread.

Any chance of a spoiler alert?:)

Arrived today.

The number of ads seems to have trebled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chartsengrafs

Bad jokes aside, I actually quite like it. It's good value (on subscription) compared to magazines in the shops and it's handy getting it delivered. Ran into a lot of trouble with them a year or so ago, but all good since.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Mine arrived yesterday too. No free gift yet though, had just subscribed. I dont mind it. It worked out very cheap for 18 issues in December. I think they offered 18 for the same price as 12 at the time. Now to stop the dog chewing it when the post man delivers it! Its funny, post gets dropped in everyday but yet this magazine is the only one she ever chews to bits!

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭911sc

I should publish emails exchanged with them regarding subscription&gift last year. This went on for weeks and weeks... Their answers were incorrect and contradictory at the same time. As if nobody had a clue about what there were writting about. Look like their customer support is subcontracted to some incompetent crowd somewhere on this planet. I eventually gave up and did not subscribe.

I rather go to Easons time to time, flick through tri magazines, and buy one if it contains anything on interest i want to take home

Advertisement