Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to donate books?

Options
  • 21-01-2013 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have 100-150 books (mainly fiction - thrillers, mystery, crime) sitting on my shelf at home that haven't been touched for years (I've been using a kindle for a couple of years now). Most are in very good condition (only read once or twice, then shelved).

Are there any charities in Limerick that would accept a large donation of books like this? Or any causes that might be interested?

I see Enable Ireland on William St. are an option, but I'd be interested in hearing what alternatives there are. Cheers. :o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Killaloe isn't too far from you and The Molua Centre love getting books for the thrift shop.

http://www.clarecare.ie/contact-us/

I could have them collected from you if you want :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

The Limerick Animal Welfare shop on Roche's street sells books. Really depends on what types of charity you'd like to donate to. If places don't have space for a large donation like that (I know the charity shop I help out at in Ennis doesn't have much storage for example), you could always give half to one place and half to another?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thanks for the advice guys...

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

Mr E wrote: »
    Hi folks,

I have 100-150 books (mainly fiction - thrillers, mystery, crime) sitting on my shelf at home that haven't been touched for years (I've been using a kindle for a couple of years now). Most are in very good condition (only read once or twice, then shelved).

Are there any charities in Limerick that would accept a large donation of books like this? Or any causes that might be interested?

I see Enable Ireland on William St. are an option, but I'd be interested in hearing what alternatives there are. Cheers. :o

Oxfam also William St. another option
    Chucken wrote: »
    Killaloe isn't too far from you and The Molua Centre love getting books for the thrift shop.

http://www.clarecare.ie/contact-us/

I could have them collected from you if you want :)

Is Clare Care still in the Molua center ? or has it moved location?

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Split

Hi Mr E ,
    This sounds cheeky but I am currently raising money for a charity ( can provide all details of the fundraiser including charitable number ) and could take those books off your hands and bring them along and sell them to raise much needed funds if you cant find anyone to take them all . Split :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

jomoloney wrote: »

Is Clare Care still in the Molua center ? or has it moved location?

Its in a new building across from The Lakes Nursing Home :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Just looking for the same advice on getting rid of some books? Are there any other places going I could give them to?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,233 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

seachto7 wrote: »
    Just looking for the same advice on getting rid of some books? Are there any other places going I could give them to?

I'd say Limerick Animal Welfare on William Street. Always looking for good stuff and are very appreciative of anything they get.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭daveob007

seachto7 wrote: »

will mention limerick animal welfare again who are local and do fantastic work and also do not cream of the money for members profit..alll money goes directly to their centre in county limerick. dont trust any of the big well known charities any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Parchment

Adapt house might take some?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Split

Indira Initiative on Wickam street (I think) - so rubbish with street names . Fantastic service been offered with their after school programme of homework / study , second hand books and uniforms - making education a lot more affordable for many families.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Buckeye

Indira Initiative - their charity shop raises money to subsidize school books, uniforms, supplies, homework club, and grinds for low-income and at-risk families in Limerick.

Advertisement