Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I be eligible for a grant?

Options
  • 21-01-2013 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Can I just ask

Did you start in September 2012 or are you starting in Sep 2013

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 P1nkr0ses

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mitch_93

normally no you will not get the grant for 1st year,
    However you will get it for 2nd onwards. You can only get the grant once per year of study
    but since you are applying as mature student im sure that there are other grants you can apply for.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 mitch_93

Sorry I missed the edit in your post
    That is very possible that you will still get it especially since mature students are "non-standard applicants"
    but as you said it costs nothing to apply so why not!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I was in a similar situation to yourself - I'd dropped out of a degree course in second year and after more than 5 years went back and got free fees and grant from first year because I was a second chance student. Assuming your income doesn't go over their limits for free fees/grant, I don't see why you shouldn't get it. Best of luck.

Advertisement