Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good prices on Orlando flights

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭Wcool

Found some fligth for 1 177 in Oct from DUB to ORL.
    Might be more out there.

Sorry, 1177 was only for 2 adults. not for 2 adults + 1 child. So I stand corrected.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

collegeme wrote: »
    United Airlines seem to have very good prices for Orlando around October 2013.

Just got myself flights for 2ad 1ch 1 inf for €1,345 with one stop each way but layovers under 2hrs.

https://www.united.com/web/en-US/default.aspx?root=1&SID=EE233FCC07B0424499719D1F0AA0200F

Use skyscanner.net to help with prices/dates

Orbitz.com for €1323 Approx....

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Orbitz.com for €1323 Approx....

Was that price for 4 as per my op? Had to change dates now so looks like we cant go until 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,244 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Yep, Orlando with United this year, nearly 1K cheaper than AL

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

I got a one way flight for 305 euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭readytosnap

got return flights for 2 adults (dub-mco) short stopover in atl both ways, less than 1100 inc 5 nights hotel, april 2013, flights seem good value this year. flying Delta.

AL seem to think that +3K for rtn flights is good value for two adults & 2 kids in Oct :confused::( Took my business elsewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭collegeme

Got great value 2years ago withAL but this yr they want double. Ehh no thanks

In Dec2010 i got AL flights 3 people for €1300 direct but they eant about €3k this yr

^ Similar, March 2011 €1845 for four rtn, full plane, maybe after flying a few empty ones over & back they will get the message

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

Actually, they'll probably cut the route citing lack of demand :(

• Advertisement

Didn't they drop their Thursday flights last year? People will travel but not at any cost, they will just switch provider

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭dozy doctor

collegeme wrote: »
    Was that price for 4 as per my op? Had to change dates now so looks like we cant go until 2014.
    As far as i recall it was ....
    Check it out yourself at http://www.orbitz.com/flights/

Just got a SALE email from AL so punched in some dates for May 2013, three adults & one child = €2402, more reasonable but don't know what prices were for May before this

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Post on http://www.holidaypirates.com/uk-ireland/14-nights-orlando-flights-car-hire-hotel-405-person

for cheap Orlando holidays, includes car hire and hotel, it's via London so might not add up once flights/bags to London included, but might help some.

holiday is with Thomas Cook

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Delta/Klm offering Dub/Snn to Tampa in April/May/early June for €345

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

snubbleste wrote: »

Delta are seriously bad for trans-atlantic flights.They have one of the old fleets. Just these really old 747 with no tv screens and a broken fuzzy projector and sound that skips. The food is terrible, even for airplane food and the staff are cranky. Have flown with them a few times cuz it was cheaper but its not worth it at all.

Inside the US they have a really nice fleet, they just don't seem to give a toss about trans-atlantic.

suppafly wrote: »
    Delta are seriously bad for trans-atlantic flights.They have one of the old fleets. Just these really old 747 with no tv screens and a broken fuzzy projector and sound that skips. The food is terrible, even for airplane food and the staff are cranky. Have flown with them a few times cuz it was cheaper but its not worth it at all.

Inside the US they have a really nice fleet, they just don't seem to give a toss about trans-atlantic.

I have flown Delta at least 10 times to ATL & MCO and i have never seen a 747 operate that route, some of the planes did not have tvs in the seats but some of them did, so have to disagree with you there, also never had an issue with any of the staff either, as for the one sh itty telly, i have had that before as well on both Delta & Aer Lingus, pure sh ite drops down on front row and has the sh itt iest picture, but most planes would of had a refit by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Virgin is the best airline I have flown with to USA.
    They were doing some good deals at the Holiday Show to USA with the Dub/Lon flight included.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,417 ✭✭✭✭cson

suppafly wrote: »

For €345 you'd suffer it. That is insanely cheap for a TA flight. They're making absolutely nothing off that, its a taxes and charges job.

snubbleste wrote: »

Link for those prices? sounds good value that

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

FYI on flying into Tampa, you are looking at about 1 hour 15 from getting out of the airport to getting to Orlando. Ive had to do it a couple of times in the last couple of years. Thats after you land, get luggage, get rental car and then get out. Its not worth it for the saving.

Flying TA with United, all aircraft have AVOD TV, but domestic have overhead screens. If you fly from the UK, you dont clear immigration, so expect another hour when you land.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

I flew with Delta to NY last September and got great prices - €335 return.
    Even though the flight out was on an older plane, no in seat tvs, I had no problem with them at all. brought my own entertainment and headphones,the staff were fine no issue at all and the food was perfectly acceptable for airline food.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭Ilovelucy

Delta are grand to fly with and at those prices I am seriously considering them.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Anyone seen any good offers for August for Orlando or Tampa. I know it's a long shot but ...

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭irishbloke77

sue97 wrote: »
    Anyone seen any good offers for August for Orlando or Tampa. I know it's a long shot but ...

Actually, yes. Got shannon to orlando with 90minute stopover each way in chicago. Going out the 16th back 26th, 1 adult 2 children 1290euros on www.e-travel.ie

There was a little flexibilty in dates at that fare but not by much. Could have saved an extra 60euros total if i didnt mind a 5 hour wait on theway back in chicago.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

Actually, yes. Got shannon to orlando with 90minute stopover each way in chicago. Going out the 16th back 26th, 1 adult 2 children 1290euros on www.e-travel.ie

There was a little flexibilty in dates at that fare but not by much. Could have saved an extra 60euros total if i didnt mind a 5 hour wait on theway back in chicago.

Wow - will have a look at that. Thanks a lot

Advertisement