Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Working for PPD in Athlone

Options
  • 21-01-2013 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if someone could give me some advice for a job interview? I've recently been contacted by PPD in athlone for the job position of Associate Scientist and was curious to know if anyone here has worked for this company or knows what they are like when it comes to job interviews? I'm aware that they want people with science degrees and I have both a Bachelors and Masters degree but not mainly in Chemistry.....One person I was talking to says that they can be extremely tough at interviews and even nearly made her cry....Does anyone have any tips on how to impress these people?? Seriously I really need this job :/ Unlike some people, I really cant stand being on Jobseekers Allowance...

Any help is great ^_^

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mellowyellow46

Just wondering how this went for you I have an interview there soon

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭martinak89

Think it went pretty good :P Working there 6 months now ^_^

Congrats.. any advice??

Well depends really on what position your going for and in what department you're going to be in?

The job is assistant scientist and Ive only got a bachelors in chemistry I havent worked in a lab before

• Advertisement

Oh right, you should be grand to be honest. I mean I walked in with pretty much no chemistry background I had a masters in Zooarchaeology......and I got the job. Now I didnt get the one I was originally going for of the associate scientist, I'm Assistant Scientist. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 AntaresNS

Hello guys, I know your post is from last year but I just want to ask you if you have any tips about interview in PPD? I've received an e-mail yesterday about phone interview and I still waiting for an answer... I hold MSc in Analytical Chemistry and I have couple years of experience in Pharmaceutical company...Cheers!

I'm sure you'll be fine since you have an MSc and experience

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭dropping_bombs

Sorry to drag this up again, but I've a phone interview for an assistant scientist job next week. Could anyone advise on the kind of question they ask, or what kind of thing they want to hear? I am finishing up a MSc. and have some relevant experience. Thanks

Advertisement