Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Firewood

Options
  • 20-01-2013 11:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭

Anyone recommend a supplier of GOOD DRY firewood. I have found alot of damp bad wood, so if you know of a supplier it would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ABlur

apc wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a supplier of GOOD DRY firewood. I have found alot of damp bad wood, so if you know of a supplier it would be appreciated.
    The lads on the dock road by the Mace great gas garage Galtee fuels have good dry stuff for stoves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭europa11

Got dry hardwood blocks recently from the builder suppliers' place in Ballysheedy Cross (next to The Weigh Inn). Excellent quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jack180570

Cotter Bros Firewood in Abbeyfeale, they are on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

ABlur wrote: »
    The lads on the dock road by the Mace great gas garage Galtee fuels have good dry stuff for stoves.

+1 for Galtee Fuels if you are looking for it for a stove.

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭jomoloney

Where are you located ? I sell dry seasoned hardwood, mostly ash.

This year's supply is nearly booked out though, Unreal demand this year, especially last 10 days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Any soft wood i got from ger walters has been soaked and rotten as if its been picked off the forest floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Jack180570

pnpweirdo wrote: »
    Any soft wood i got from ger walters has been soaked and rotten as if its been picked off the forest floor.

Don't know about Walters but Cotter Bros Firewood produce and process their own firewood and oven dry test it to make sure it is between 20 and 25 percent moisture content WB before they sell it. .. all firewood cut and stored in big open sheds for two years before selling. Anyone can visit and see the setup before buying. ..

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭apc

Thanks for all the replies. As I only get 1 or 2 bags at a time I will give Galtee on the dock road a shout. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

pnpweirdo wrote: »

That was the mistake. Hardwood from them is far better and dry too

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

juneg wrote: »
    That was the mistake. Hardwood from them is far better and dry too

Hard or softwood it should still be dry. It was so wet and rotten you could break it up with your hand and ring the water out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭tommy5678

I am selling firewood ash. per bag our trailer traders welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭gtothek

Hi Tommy5678. I am looking for a trailer of firewood. Can you pm me prices etc. I live in Dooradoyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

gtothek wrote: »
    Hi Tommy5678. I am looking for a trailer of firewood. Can you pm me prices etc. I live in Dooradoyle.

me too please

• Registered Users Posts: 3 noel.corbett

tommy5678 wrote: »
    I am selling firewood ash. per bag our trailer traders welcome.
    Hi Tommy looking some bags of timber working in limerick city.how much a bag are u?

Advertisement