Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Information about the Mater Dei

Options
  • 20-01-2013 3:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi. sorry not sure where to put this, I have put down religion and history in the mater dei as my first choice in the CAO and I was just hoping you could answer some general questions about the college, like what would a normal day be like (finishing time, amount of lectures), is it easy to make friends, what are the exams and teaching practice like is there a lot of pressure with them, what is Orentation and finally what is the student life like?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Classes finish typically at around half 3 or 4. About 5/6 lectures a day although there's usually days where there's less than that.

Very easy to make friends. You'll be in a small year so you'll get to know everybody fairly quickly.

The exams are long at the end of the year but they're not terribly difficult. They've stepped up the TP this year, it's tough going but when you're finished it's very rewarding.

The Orientation has gotten better over the last year or two, and student life is great in Drumcondra. Very relaxed part of Dublin with plenty of like minded students.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 edele

Advertisement