Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rugby gear in Lidl from January 24th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Just to give folks a heads up, unfortunatly none of it is officially licensed stuff.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

will have a gander

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Hogzy wrote: »
    Just to give folks a heads up, unfortunatly none of it is officially licensed stuff.

I thought it would be clear to people that its not 'official' gear, but good stuff nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Jackets look pretty decent, cheers OP

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭YumDeiseMum

Thats himself sorted for Valentines

Thanks OP :)

• Advertisement

duh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,428 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

jayteecork wrote: »

duh.

The "duh" is unwarranted.

It's ok to point this kind of thing out. Many people would not necessarily know or notice this and might buy it for someone who will then not wear it. This may well be ok quality stuff but it looks nothing like the real thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mtdelany

You would be much better buying last seasons official stuff rather than unlicenced rubish like this. high levels of stock on this below

http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/Rugby-Shirts/Puma/Ireland-RWC-2011-Alternate-S-or-S-Shirt

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

mtdelany wrote: »
    You would be much better buying last seasons official stuff rather than unlicenced rubish like this. high levels of stock on this below http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/Rugby-Shirts/Puma/Ireland-RWC-2011-Alternate-S-or-S-Shirt
    Can you clarify why this Lidl product is 'rubish'?
    Also ensure you contact Lidl and let them know they are selling 'rubish'

snubbleste wrote: »
    Can you clarify why this Lidl product is 'rubish'?
    Also ensure you contact Lidl and let them know they are selling 'rubish'

Because it says Rugby Championship 2013, which is the new name for the Trinations. a tournament between AUZ NZ RSA & ARG

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Rugby_Championship

Because it says I support Ireland, not the Irish rugby team. You wont see too many of these around the Aviva come match day

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

That does not mean the product is rubbish.
    Not everybody splashes out on official IRB parapharnalia. Lidl is encouraging more rugby/sports participation at a reasonable pricepoint. That's a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

You wont see too many of these around the Aviva come match day
    Oh, the shame... :rolleyes:

You would be much better buying last seasons official stuff rather than unlicenced rubish like this. high levels of stock on this below

http://www.lovell-rugby.co.uk/Rugby-Shirts/Puma/Ireland-RWC-2011-Alternate-S-or-S-Shirt

how much that crowd charge delivery.

kn wrote: »
    I thought it would be clear to people that its not 'official' gear, but good stuff nonetheless.
    duh.

Lidl sell alot of officially branded stuff from various companies so its not "clear" and isnt blatantly obvious from the description in the thread title.

To me it looks like the rubbish they sell in tourist shops.

how much that crowd charge delivery.

I have used Parel motel so £2.50 for a UK address and free via ParcelMotel

total price about EUR 21 (£17.50 given a 0.84 FX rate)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

This Lidl rugby range is very high quality, well made and very comfortable. I bought some last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

clothing-wise it looks fine, but it might as well say "Irish Sports Team" on the front, as its current livery bears no resemblance to any team or tournament that is in existence (in this part of the world in any case)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Just saw the ad on tv. Have to admit its very tacky looking indeed, looks like it came from O'Carroll's on O'Connell st. Aimed at American tourists. Couldn't imagine a Man Utd fan buying a footie shirt from there or a Dublin gaa shirt. Maybe a pressie for your granddad is its target market

The jackets looks good to me, worth a look

T-K-O wrote: »
    Jackets look pretty decent, cheers OP
    T-K-O wrote: »
    The jackets looks good to me, worth a look

You'll be buying two then?

The jackets would be grand if they didn't have the dodgy "logos" and misleading references to tournaments that the Irish rugby team don't play in. See above.

• Advertisement

:) no definitely not but I will take a closer look.

Everyone is well aware it's not the real deal but it's a nice jacket for game day, what ever the game may be

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

Lelantos wrote: »
    Just saw the ad on tv.

the ad is dreadful. They are walking towards the london olympic stadium at the end, which has NEVER hosted a rugby match, let alone one that ireland played in.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭pcomer

You wont see too many of these around the Aviva come match day

Only Branded goods allowed in a branded stadium. It is and always be Lansdowne road to me regardless of what corporate monolith slaps their name on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Ahh FFS lads this was a BA - get over yourselves.

pcomer wrote: »

Only Branded goods allowed in a branded stadium. It is and always be Lansdowne road to me regardless of what corporate monolith slaps their name on it.

Ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Ok?
    He's extracting the urine, there is no dress code at the AVIVA stadium. Bring your lidl finery if you wish

Lelantos wrote: »
    He's extracting the urine, there is no dress code at the AVIVA stadium. Bring your lidl finery if you wish

I know hes taking the piss, I just dont understand why he decided to rant about the name of the stadium and why he thinks we should care.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭nowuckenfurries

I'm sure people will notice it's not official! Ideal for tourists etc...

Just wear a Celtic Jersey to the match :pac::pac::pac:

We should force Declan kidney to wear this unofficial gear

• Advertisement

Was in a Lidl the other day. Still loads of the rugby gear available. Wasn't even ripped to shreds the way the running gear usually is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement