Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tourist Visa

Options
  • 20-01-2013 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

At present I am completing my application for a tourist visa to China, but as always there is one queston that always confuses me.. ( well many )

The applicaton form asks for Local I.D. card number.. Can someone tell me what this could be,
    Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

It's your passport number.

Source: I have 5 Chinese visas in my passport. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

Thanks Mr Loverman, for your reply but I rang Visafirst today as i didn't know what to do, they said leave it blank as Ireland and England are not issued ID card numbers..now i am confused again,, I have entered my passport number in another area in the application, thought it might have been my PPS number. but if you have added your passport number i think i will take your advice..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Put you passport number and the word passport number in brackets next to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭halkar

We do not have ID cards here, you can leave it empty. Always worked for me.

halkar wrote: »
    We do not have ID cards here, you can leave it empty. Always worked for me.
    Thanks Halkar, I got my visa this week and I just insert N/A in the area..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 nangitoholmes

Hi All,

How do I apply for the visa?
    Just fill in form A and send it off is it?

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

It depends on your situation. All the details are on the embassy's website.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 nangitoholmes

It depends on your situation. All the details are on the embassy's website.

Yep I have been looking at that but can't see any details of where to send it off too etc?

You can not post your Visa application you have to go to the embassey personally or get someone to hand it in for you..
    I got my via visa first.. as it was cheaper for me in the long run besides having to travel to Dublin twice, €50 by train each time.. Once to hand in the visa then 5 days later to collect it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭rgossip30

The visa is not difficult to get , do not bother with a sponsor for the visa its more complicated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement