Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Bottom bracket have i got?

Options
  • 20-01-2013 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

it's shimano 105 and i know its an italian bb, but what do i search for when looking for a crank arm of the same axle fitting?

help is greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

AFAIK any Shimano Hollowtech crankset will fit, its 24mm diameter I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

if the current crank is a shimano 105 chainsets its a hollowtech 2 bb, all modern shimano chainsets are hollowtech 2

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭The Big Lebowsky

You have a hollowtech 2 bottom bracket...Any of the newer ones like shimano 105-5700 Shimano ultegra-6700 Or even Dura ace-7900 are compatible with your chainset as they all use a 24mm diameter bottom bracket axle..

• Registered Users Posts: 6 TM69

thanks guys, yeah the problem is that the drive side is 175mm and the other side is 172.5, bit of a problem there, so im just looking to replace it so im actually able to use the crankset

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

haha different size crank arms, nice :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Previous owner had a peg leg.

Advertisement