Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USC Quiery

Options
  • 19-01-2013 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi, basically I've been working in a retail shop for 2 and a half years and get paid every two weeks. Got my first payslip of the year this year and I am down a noticeable amount of money. When I enquired about this, the person in charge of wages said that I paid no USC last year as they did not deduct it, and am now paying last years and this years USC. Can someone tell me is this correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭conor1979

Folski wrote: »
    Hi, basically I've been working in a retail shop for 2 and a half years and get paid every two weeks. Got my first payslip of the year this year and I am down a noticeable amount of money. When I enquired about this, the person in charge of wages said that I paid no USC last year as they did not deduct it, and am now paying last years and this years USC. Can someone tell me is this correct?

Check your P60 to see if you actually did pay any USC last year?
    Then check to see what your 2012 tax credit certificate said in relation to the USC rates and bands.
    If the tax credit certificates say that you were due to pay it then whoever does the payroll may have messed up last year.
    If the certificate says that you didn't have to pay USC but you were supposed to then you will have to pay it. I am nearly sure the onus is on the individual to make sure their tax credits are correct with the Revenue.

Then check your 2013 tax credit certificate to see what your USC bands are and that what you are being taxed through payroll is correct.

Advertisement