Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First timer

Options
  • 19-01-2013 1:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

I've never particularly wanted a tattoo before now but after a hellish year plus I want to get a few words tattooed. Thinking of my hip because its not for anyone else, just something I want to see to constantly remind myself.

I don't know anything about tattoo artists or how to go about this but I guess my first question is where is the best place in Cork to get this done? I don't mind travelling outside the city, I just want somewhere that is good and that I will come out happy from.

I know what I'm looking for isn't a dot on the radar for most interested in tattoos but I would really appreciate any advice that people could give.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Shine7 wrote: »
    I've never particularly wanted a tattoo before now but after a hellish year plus I want to get a few words tattooed. Thinking of my hip because its not for anyone else, just something I want to see to constantly remind myself.

I don't know anything about tattoo artists or how to go about this but I guess my first question is where is the best place in Cork to get this done? I don't mind travelling outside the city, I just want somewhere that is good and that I will come out happy from.

I know what I'm looking for isn't a dot on the radar for most interested in tattoos but I would really appreciate any advice that people could give.

Absolutely anything you want to get is of interest to tattoo fans!

I can't give a recommendation in Cork because I don't know anywhere in Cork personally, but what I'd say is make absolutely sure you want it, you don't want to regret it.

Once you get some recommendations, look at their portfolios online, find one who does nice script or whatever style of writing that you want, and go in for a consultation. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Can't really add more to what was said above. And I can't help either, don't know anywhere in Cork. Maybe just Google tattoo studios in Cork and check their artwork, then pick one and go in and check them out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Shine7

Thanks for the replies. I was afraid I was a bit of a fraud posting in this forum!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Thanks for the replies. I was afraid I was a bit of a fraud posting in this forum!

Ha, no. Everyone here started out just like you! Aside from that, you don't have to be covered in body mods to post here, some people just like to look at them rather than get any. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Not at all. A tattoo is a tattoo, whether it be a full sleeve or a 'ickle butterfly. :D Don't be afraid to ask anything.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Script/writing shouldn't be a problem in Cork, check out tattoo zoo, a friend has 100% of his work done there and he has some great stuff to show for it. Their portfolio doesn't do them justice (in my opinion) and looks kind of crappy compared to the work I've seen out of there.

If you see an artist you think does a good job then get in touch with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Script/writing shouldn't be a problem in Cork, check out tattoo zoo.

Personally I looked at the portfolios of the studios in Cork and I didn't like what I saw (for what I wanted) so I decided to go outside Cork.

If you see an artist you think does a good job then get in touch with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭bubblebery

Visit this site. You can enter your text and see it in thousands of different fonts, it will give you plenty of inspiration!

http://www.dafont.com/theme.php?cat=601

Advertisement