Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student and Private courses

Options
  • 18-01-2013 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Does anyone know of any grants available for private course fees?

I am part time working and I cant afford a course without getting a loan which i want to avoid as long as possible. Ive gone through loads of websites like citizens info and all that but nothing really seems to be very straighforward!

Anybody know anything about this?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

There isn't really grants.

The only thing I can think of is you can get tax relief on fees

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Siobhan30

Thats what i thought, there isn't any is there! Do u mean get tax back after I finish the course ?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

If you pay more than 2k a year in fees you can claim the tax back for each year.

What type of course are you looking to do? I'm doing a distance learning course with a uni in the UK and they have an instalment plan where you pay the fees over seven months.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Siobhan30 wrote: »
    Thats what i thought, there isn't any is there! Do u mean get tax back after I finish the course ?

When you pay the fees you can immediately claim tax relief

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement