Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celestron/Skywatcher Powertank

Options
  • 18-01-2013 7:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Hello!

Iv recently purchased a nexstar 127 slt Mak.

Iv done research and found that batteries will not be an option. Does anyone have power tank and could i ask does it include an ac adaptor that doubles up as a mains power for the telescope?

I would like to mainly get the power tank to use on the off chance I'm not using it In my backyard but most of the time is rather use a mains plug to power the scope.

Is Ktech the only place I can get the PowerTank in Ireland (online or brick and mortar)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 959 ✭✭✭ZeRoY

You can always look at Maplin powertanks, that is what I bought for my LXD75 (this one, 9Ah). Not dedicated astronomy powertank but does the job!

Again, it depends on capacity for how long and how much power will be drawn from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ComeraghBlue

ZeRoY wrote: »
    You can always look at Maplin powertanks, that is what I bought for my LXD75 (this one, 9Ah). Not dedicated astronomy powertank but does the job!

Again, it depends on capacity for how long and how much power will be drawn from it.
    Hi,

Thanks for the info.

Does the Maplin powertank come with a adaptor to plug into the telescope or do I need to buy something else? Also how do you recharge the powertank? I have no car.

Also the links aren't working for me.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I run my CPC925 with a 17 Amp Celestron Power Tank for field work. I use a separate transformer which I bought in Maplins http://www.maplin.co.uk/ac-ac-multi-voltage-1000ma-power-supply-43055 , for connecting to AC power when I'm using my scope in the back garden, it has all the various connections you'll need.

You can also buy a Celestron Powertank at http://www.astronomy.ie/shop/ , they have 2 models available a 7amp & 17amp. I suggest the 17 amp as you can run a dew prevention kit as well, the radio in is also useful :)

The Power Tanks are very easy to use and comes with all the various connections and leads for charging and powering up. Charging time is usually 6 to 8 hour and they run for ages.

Advertisement