Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IK Multimedia Arc, Worth it?

Options
  • 18-01-2013 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

Any of yall use this?
    Have done a few tentative readings using Room EQ Wizard and am wondering if anyone uses IK Arc, specifically the 'corrective' plug in on the master (if I understand it correctly) ;).

http://www.thomann.de/ie/ik_multimedia_arc_2.htm

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

Johnny,

Just curious.

Why would you put the plugin on your master? Is this to correct the mix balance to work better in your room? Maybe I read your post wrong?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 196 ✭✭shed head

It will help for a home studio, don't expect to be blown away though, proper room treatment is where it is at!!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭johnnylakes

@Peter : It would be to help correct the mix balance yeah, but I need to do some reading to see what the craic is with it (how it works). I intend doing some more readings with Room EQ first .

@Shed head : I will be getting treatment too, but trying to do some readings first to get a grasp on how I would need to treat it.

Do any of ye know what kind of money it would be to get the pros in to do it? I know it's dependent on the room but generally speaking...

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭peter05

Depends on factors, mostly what your room modes are. Could cost you 500euro or 10k. Get in touch with Paul. He might be able to help you out. He is in the commercial section here under Genius Move Audio.

Sticking that plugin on your mixes, I cant really see much useful purpose as it is compensating the room and monitors might sound good in your room and monitor setup but terrible on another. Translation really starts at the mixing stage.

Get the treatment you won't regret it.

Advertisement