Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sweep @ rotunda

Options
  • 18-01-2013 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi just wondering if anyone has any info on when they will preform a sweep at the rotunda??

I believe the coombe do one at 39 weeks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

Nicky987 wrote: »
    Hi just wondering if anyone has any info on when they will preform a sweep at the rotunda??

I believe the coombe do one at 39 weeks.

Unfortunately I'm not answering your question but in Holles st I was told by 3 different docs and midwives that they won't do any a sweep until you're 10 days over and wait the full 14 before induction. And when I went over they stuck to that no matter how much I pleaded!!! (by the way, sweep didn't work for me and they ended up inducing at 42 weeks)

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭wily minx

I think it will depend on the Dr you get and your own circumstances. I was at UCHG and had a sweep at 39+5 as I'd been having twinges and was 1cm dialated. Bubs came along 28 hrs later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

I think I was offered the sweep at 38 or 39 weeks but I really got the sense they didn't want to do it but I didn't want it done either so I didn't press it.
    That's just my experience anyway :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

I was at my 39 week appointment, (In the Rotunda)really 39+6, they were not offering anything to me until there were complications. So I got the sweep at the end of that appointment, it did nothing, just painful, ended up going straight upstairs for an induction, but that was due to the complications. I got the impression I wouldn't be getting a sweep till I was 40 + weeks otherwise.

Advertisement