Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Match Fixing - inside information??

Options
  • 18-01-2013 5:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Not sure if anyone here is friends with a chap on facebook called Bet Safe, but basically every week or so this guy posts a screen shot of a bet with odds usually in or around 23/1 with his max bet of €200. But blacks out his selection. He charges €1200 for the information in the bet, and after the bet comes in he posts a screen shot revealing his selection and winnings.It looks pretty legit and I'v noticed that he's posted two free tips in the past and both of these have come in, one 6/1 and one 12/1 winner. Here's the link to the photo album : https://www.facebook.com/edvinclausen16954956542/photos_stream

I've contacted him and he says that he has his sources for the bets but seems mad to me how so many of these games could be fixed. Thoughts?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭langer91

Someone on this board found something similar a few months back...long story short ITS A SCAM!!!

Its called photoshop.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Look in all fairness if these people were getting fixed information why would they need to sell it. They would be making enough money and involving others would make them more likely to be caught out. It's common sense when something is too good to be true it mostly is. Don't get sucked in.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

I know it sounds like a gimmic but the guy has posted some free tips in the past before the matches took place and they were all winners. Will post the next time he posts a free bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,351 ✭✭✭magherakid

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Look in all fairness if these people were getting fixed information why would they need to sell it. They would be making enough money and involving others would make them more likely to be caught out. It's common sense when something is too good to be true it mostly is. Don't get sucked in.

spot on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

clearodara wrote: »
    I know it sounds like a gimmic but the guy has posted some free tips in the past before the matches took place and they were all winners. Will post the next time he posts a free bet.

What odds are these free bets? And does he post them publicly on the page or does he private mail them to people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭clickerquicklic

Its a scam I could post up a bet here everyday thats won 1k , because if you place so many bets some of them will win . But he is not going to post up the 50 other losing bets he placed that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,311 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Not a cheap scam either. €1200 per tip? There are hundreds of these "tipping" sites online but at least most charge €40-60 per month. Also curious about 23/1 price...at least try to make it credible. Keep you money in your pocket, OP

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Zuko123

That sounds great clearodora,I would definitely pay 1200 for that,the games are fixed so you can't lose!

Zuko123 wrote: »
    That sounds great clearodora,I would definitely pay 1200 for that,the games are fixed so you can't lose!

Until you pay 1200 then place 1000 euro on a 23/1, which loses and you're down 2200.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Until you pay 1200 then place 1000 euro on a 23/1, which loses and you're down 2200.

Drop in the ocean

water off a ducks back

Posted this a few months back, worth a quick read :
    On the fixed game tips, I don't want to come across as a spoil sport or anything like that as I can appreciate the thoughts of a guaranteed 16/1 bet coming in is pretty exciting. I've been betting on football for the last 7 - 8 years in a fair amount of depth, and I know there are fixes in football and corruption does go on in the game. I've read all the books there is to read on corruption in the game, I've read all the articles on the Asian rings that fundamentally run most of the fixing in the world, stretching to all league levels in Turkey, Greece, Cyprus, Russia, MLS, all the Easter European leagues, and even the lower leagues in some of the more competitive nations (Germany, England, Ireland ) .

But please believe me and save your money when I tell you that you are being scammed, and I don't mean from Tom, he's more than likely innocent in this.

1. You need to realize that match fixing is a massive money maker for the fixers and there hardly going to jeopardize being caught or traced by selling games too 3rd party's who would so easily sell it onto Tom for it only to appear on a public forum? that would be very stupid by the sellers. You will not find fixed games on the internet for that type of money at least.

2. The odds, 16/1???? this alone should tell any half experienced gambler to walk away as its rubbish, odds are mainly affected by 2 things, the perceived chance of the bet coming in, and then the reaction to money being placed on that bet. So on the first point, if the game is in fact fixed then this point can be disregarded as it has no bearing, so onto the second point. The reaction of money being placed on the bet should affect the odds, and if the result is indeed fixed then then the odds of the bet would be nowhere near 16/1 as the money wagered should of driven the odds down, especially if the bet is as readily available to public buyers like Tom. I dont mean this in any way offensive but the majority of people from "here" that would be betting on it are using small stakes in comparison to the big guys who would bet on fixes in the €10'000s and this would most definitely drive down the odds if it was fixed. Do any bit of research at all, by the time the big hitters are finished with there betting, you would be lucky/grateful to get odds of 1.50( or 1/2) on a fixed result.

3. I'm going to try explain the method that the scammer most likely has used on Tom, or who ever else that may now "trust" his fixes.

So yesterday you got a fix for that German away club to win at 5/2 ish right? The seller asked you to pay after the game when it wins, this alone creates a bit of trust between you.

Imagine now that there was over 100 games on yesterday and that seller had lets say 20 different "fixes" that he has created to sell to people with decent odds probably between evens and 3/1. He will sell or give as he done with you, a different game to 19 other buyers like Tom and ask for payment when the bet comes in. the majority of these bets wont come in as they're all just educated guesses, but he doesn't care as it doesn't cost him anything. All he needs is just one to come in and he's got a good chance of getting the 50 euro from you and he now has the trust and belief from you that he has quality fixed tips and can charge you 100 - 200 for the next game but it has "better odds".

Imagine if the seller can hit just one game a day for buyers like yourself, he'll get 300 - 400 a week from the "after payment" of the 1st fix and potentially 700 - 1400 for the next big tip and since you will be paying beforehand for the result of the bigger odds game, the result doesn't matter to him as he already has your money.

I'll repeat again, I dont want to be a spoil sport, but you're being scammed and I'd hate to see ye lose money and I'd hate more to see the scammer pocket money.

Finally, if ye still go ahead with the bet, I'm part of a group that verified over 50 - 60 sellers in the past with not 1 actual reliable source, if Tom wants to pass me on the name of his seller ( in PM) or more than likely his facebook profile, i'll be able to tell you if its someone that the group has previously verified.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 msc1

Complete scam. Dont waste your time

Posted this a few months back, worth a quick read :

In fairness TB remember when I shared with you that 10/1 fix back in November. I am legend. Also the Genk game.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭clearodara

Ha trust me I'm very skepetical myself and would no way be inclined to hand over 1200 for a football tip. Here's a link to the previous free tips this guy has posted, and I can say for 100% certainty that these tips were posted the morning of the games and the 4 came in. Sounds hard to believe I know but I'm friends with the lad on facebook and saw these bets posted so I can say there was no way photoshop or any other form of deceit was used.
    https://www.facebook.com/notes/bet-safe/free-fixed-games-we-share/312423958865265. Just because I saw these free tips posted I am in no-way saying that I'd recommend handing over 1200 for the other tips Im just saying that the chap has given previous free winnners. I will post the next free tip he gives so people can decide if they want to gamble.
    ;)

In fairness TB remember when I shared with you that 10/1 fix back in November. I am legend. Also the Genk game.

What Pa??? :confused::confused:

What Pa??? :confused::confused:

Not remember the Boa against ABC game in Brazil?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 luke87

sounds interesting, clearodara....

clearodara did you see free tip yet from the lad?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Luke87, don't rely on it.

• Advertisement

yes thanks all crap photoshop i reckon and clearodara free tip never came through so con job.

Advertisement